3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just finished a 4th gen l67 swap, used the gtp pcm, get the obvious fault codes in regards to an a/t that is not there as well as egr and evap... blah blah blah, thought I was getting fuel cut, I am now certain that is not the case. i had a MAP low circuit input. checked out the harness and found a wire that had been disconnected, ohmed it out and determined that it was in fact for the map, cant figure out where it plugs into the pcm connector, and need a pin out. thanks

·
Registered
2005 3800series3,SC engine swap into 2001 Camaro V6 5spd
20 Posts
I am doing and L32 SC engine swap into my 2001 fbody I will be using the camaro pcm I have read that it seems to be the better route on these swaps.

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
The file on that computer is already setup for dual O2's and the transmission in the car, so you can deal with less changes as you work on adding new things at each phase of your upgrading.

·
Registered
20 Posts
question do you or anyone know of a good place to get my ecm tuned for my camaro 5spd manuak v6 ecm with the L32Sc swap and what's the estimated. Price I'm doing a egr delete and I also the sc air bypass sensor delete but keeping the actuator since there's no plug for it thxs for the help I'm almost done with the swap

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
I'd lean towards a ZZP remote tune, which gives you a guided path to get it done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Zzp remote tune I will have to look into that see how it works

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
they made a couple YouTube videos on their channel describing how it works. I would check those out while also reading the description on the website for their PC M stuff oh, so you're not starting from scratch if you call or email them afterwards.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm looking for the vacuum line diagram for the 3.8l series 3 supercharged engine the L32 I can't seem to find a diagram for this only for the series 2

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Anything behind the throttle blade will give a vacuum reference, and once it's after the supercharger it gives both vac/boost reference when you're into the pedal.

The 3800 S/C Series 2&3 engines source the MAP from the port on the LIM below the M90 pulley snout.

Brush up on what all the ports/paths around the top side of the engine do (MAP, FPR, BBV, PCV, EVAP, etc.), so you're not routing things in a way that messes things up. This should be done before ever attempting to turn the key when doing custom work.

Edit: see this video by Salem Doyle last fall, giving a general run-around of some 3800 vac stuff. Doesn't cover everything, but general info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yea that's good video but doesn't say anything about the gen v really it seems similar but the L32 does come stock with a fpr cause a return less fuel system

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
That's a single tee on the vacuum line. If that's your hang-up on why you feel you should ignore things from any Series 2 references for info, you're gonna have a bad time. These engines are functionally identical, and the fact that you're hunting for unnecessarily obtuse differences means you don't fully understand that.
Source: I've built multiple hybrids of Series 2&3 engines for myself and others, because I understand the universal application of airways and bolt patterns, etc. between them. We favor Series 3 engines to base builds from due to being typically lower miles, and the GenV is slightly better (although I have 2 in a box, because there's much better boost options).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I understand vacuum lines and I previously owned a series 2 in My 04 gtp I can figure this out but seeing as how I only have starring learning the diff and all the similarities about the series 3 my questions about the vacuum lines is cause I bought only the series 3 motor I didn't pull it so me not having a look at all the lines and sensors previously is like going in blind not that difficult to figure out I ask to save myself time if you can understand this my main concern lies with things like how to wire the SC bypass sensor into the camaro pcm can't find much info I these types of questions

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Series 2 in an 04 GTP, huh? Ok. Anywho...

The boost bypass solenoid can be deleted. We post about this weekly to new folks, that it's just a traction control item that's unnecessary for swappers to concern themselves with trying to incorporate.

Leave the top vac line to the top of the M90 connected to operate the bypass, and leave the bottom port open that would otherwise be connected to the solenoid. Stop the route of your vacuum line at the previous connection on the line. Done.

Edit:. Here's the most comprehensive post I made on this, with pictures to reference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok that's what I read about is a delete for the bypass sensor but seeing as how I'm make my return less fuel rail a return with a tee and a adjustable universal fuel pressure regulator I guess I'll run the front line to the fpr and for the life of me I guess the engine I got this L32 didn't come with a map sensor cause I only see the evap purge solenoid back by the pcv valve weird or I'm just missing something completely

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
The MAP for L32's are on the same bracket as L67's, but it is a smaller sensor case like L36/26's have on their upper intake. You can run whatever matches the PCM tune setup (1-bar for the F-body file, for example).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh nice thz for all helpful tips makes my swap a Lil easier sorry to ask so many diff. ?s but it's nice cause I don't know everything but I like to learn about all these things I'm mostly used to working on Subaru and Toyota then on gm vehicles I mean other than the gtp I had like 14 yrs ago but nowadays I'm drawn to domestic sports type or muscle cars and I love to build and race at the track and drive it the things I wake up and wanted to do everyday.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Another question is so I'm using the 2001 stock camaro throttle body do I ha e to run the pcv line up to the actually throttle body or I think I read it would ha e to go into the intake between the MAF sensor and the throttle body blade just wondering cause I read diff. Things about this modification thx

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
The PCV system uses 2 routes in just about any engine like these:
  • vacuum draw from the intake manifold to pulp fumes from the crankcase/oiling system
  • MAF-measured fresh air from before the throttle blade to supply air on the other end of that draw, so you don't pull air past gaskets/seals

There's a few diagrams if you Google search for "3800 pcv" system images, but it's pretty common for most TB's on Series 2's to have a path/port cast near a lower TB bolt that opens just ahead of the TB blade & behind the MAF. This was because the TB/MAF combo left little room for external plumbing of this (it can be done, but unnecessary unless getting really custom).

Series 3 was able to run a separate port near the EVAP/PCV valve which can run an external tube to the intake duct between the MAF and TB, since it's a separate tube on them. (This is all the fresh air draw portion, by the way... All Series 2/3's have their vacuum draw sources built into the M90/UIM case that goes to the PCV valve.)

To adapt a Series 2 TB to a Series 3 PCV port, I'd suggest using the external Series 3 tube and run it to the bottom of the TB (there's typically a plug from when they cast/machines the internal PCV passage at the bottom of the TB... The custom part I mentioned).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts