3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the differance in the L36 vs the L67 fuel pumps? I have been told the L67 pump has 2 stages? Not sure if what i heard was true but i'm tryin to confirm it. Also I heard there is a resistor or something in the L67 wiring harness.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Yes, the L67 are dual speed, stock around 125 kPA the pump kicks into high speed mode per PCM command.

Not sure on wiring, I haven't been under there yet....

·
Registered
713 Posts
The Australian model which would be much the same I imagine is controlled by a fuel pump controller module between the PCM & the pump.
When during low demand it has the pump running at a 67% duty, then when the PCM commands it rises up to full 100% duty cycle.

Cheers

Deek

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
actually the newer cars i think around 99 or 00 dont have a 2 stage pump. They run on "high" all the time, and the resistor was taken out of the wiring

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I swapped in an l67, am making around 410hp on spray and haven't outflowed the pump yet. At least my scan guage isn't showing knock or any issues.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
My PCM code still is setup for a dual speed pump. Any way to know if I have one or not? Where is the resistor located? I heard it will cause headaches when it smokes....

actually the newer cars i think around 99 or 00 dont have a 2 stage pump. They run on "high" all the time, and the resistor was taken out of the wiring

·
Registered
713 Posts
In latter 2003 Australian models the fuel pump controller was left out and a bypass plug in its place. So pump ran at 100% duty all the time.
Maybe our fuel pump controller module is the same as what you guys refer to as a resistor in the wiring.

Cheers

Deek

1 - 8 of 8 Posts