3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Bonnie se, I used the l36 supercharger kit from zzp and got a few questions about further modding because of my higher compression ratio. My whole mod list is supercharger with 3.8 pulley, front plogs, 3” dp, fwi, and 180* stat, also in the process of installing water meth injection, only running 91 in North Dakota. My question is what pulley size would I be able to run with this set up after meth, and what’s the hp range with the higher compression.

another thing is my car was sitting for a few days while I was installing the meth setup and I had to take it somewhere and my kr was crazy high like 12* at half throttle and I’ve never seen that much. I was almost out of gas so I filled up but still 9* at half throttle and 6-3* at WOT, I usually never see that high of numbers especially at WOT its always 0* it may start at like 3-2* but always goes down to 0*. Any idea what’s going on?

·
Super Moderator
371 Posts
No idea. Sounds like you'll want to get a good scan and monitor the fueling and advance in those regions. An L36/L26 setup isn't that sensitive, especially on such low boost, as long as the tune is decent. I've ran my XP cam with both M90's and MP112 on them with no issues, as long as I took my time to have it dialed-in before going to play. You could go for some rockers to ensure you're letting it breathe a little better when this gets figured out, unless you're up for a cam swap. Part-throttle conditions can be tricky to tune in any car, but it's fixable with some effort (and, unfortunately, a couple hundred bucks for tuning, yourself or a vendor).

I'd focus on getting it dialed in for that pulley, then get an MPS with a 3.5 to start off with a meth kit. As long as you have a good running setup again, you won't be chasing multiple issues before you introduce new variables.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts