3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please help me figure this out. I was trying to diagnose why its knocking and all of a sudden it stopped running. I am not getting any spark to my coils (iv replaced the coils thinking they just went out) replaced my crank sensor as well still no spark. Please help!!! (Also incase ur wondering no the engine has not locked up)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Not a lot of info to help diagnose......but, I'm wondering if the crank sensor behind the balancer might be damaged..... I have seen this where the (outer portion of the balancer) breaks loose from the inner portion. This would cause poor or no signal from the crank sensor and cause noise as well as a no-start condition. This is just a guess at this point. But you should at lease check it out to see if the balancer assembly is still in one piece and the sensor behind it is still in tact. Good luck......Jake.....(mr goodwrench).

·
Registered
66 Posts
If the PCM is not receiving a signal to send a spark and/or fire the injectors the engine will not start. Check the crankshaft position sensor as suggested above and the ignition module. If one of those fails the PCM should be setting a code. What does your scanner say?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Someone please help me figure this out. I was trying to diagnose why its knocking and all of a sudden it stopped running. I am not getting any spark to my coils (iv replaced the coils thinking they just went out) replaced my crank sensor as well still no spark. Please help!!! (Also incase ur wondering no the engine has not locked up)
Did you check the harmonic balancer to see if the rubber has let loose?? Mr Goodwrench

1 - 4 of 4 Posts