3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got about everything I need to topswap my l36 just need the crank and the main wire harness but to hook up the l67 fuel rail am I gonna need the lines that came off the donor car? Or will it hook up to my existing ones ? I tried searching to see what other people did I couldn’t find nothing. Also, does anyone know if the rocker arms and pushrods are interchangeable on the l36 and l67?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The fuel lines will need modifications. The ends are the same size and type but join the rail at a different angle.
The rocker arms and pushrods are the same from each engine but now is a good time for some 1.9’s unless you plan to change the cam shaft later on.

·
Super Moderator
367 Posts
The fuel lines can be tricky to make them line up with an L67 rail. I've had a couple that carefully permitted a smooth re-connection, while I've also used the Dorman kits from the parts store to change to a straight end with ~12" of new line. Important thing to get right for safety, so take your time and make sure it's a clean install with whatever you do (can even get fancy and go -6AN braided stainless adapted to the hard lines near the frame, with GM fittings up top, if you want).

Reactions: Key$outh

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I got about everything I need to topswap my l36 just need the crank and the main wire harness but to hook up the l67 fuel rail am I gonna need the lines that came off the donor car? Or will it hook up to my existing ones ? I tried searching to see what other people did I couldn’t find nothing. Also, does anyone know if the rocker arms and pushrods are interchangeable on the l36 and l67?
Crank should b the same lines id go aftermarket rails if u got it 2 spend that way u gain 3/4" in height 4 if u decide to IC later on..

·
Super Moderator
367 Posts
I think he means "crank pulley" (harmonic balancer) for the L67 SC belt drive.

Aftermarket rails are a great suggestion, if you have $300-400 (or get lucky and find used for sale, like I did a few years ago). If ZZP isn't in stock, the Aeromotive rails seem decent to build off of, but you'll need to setup your own lines and regulator.
https://www.jegs.com/i/Aeromotive/027/14131/10002/-1

·
Registered
66 Posts
The wiring harness for the L36 and L67 is identical except for one wire that goes to the BBV (boost bypass valve) . As for the fuel lines; Russell make an adapter end that clips right onto the rail. I use #6AN stainless braided line on mine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts