3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Do you guys recommend Doing /what have you done for the wiring harness that goes connects pcm injectors, boost bypass valve and all that When you topswap a gen 5 on to an l36. Am I able to use my existing wire harness and solder in connectors I don’t have and tune my pcm ? Or will I need the whole harness from an l32? I noticed the pcms were different on the l32s vs the l36 and l67s so if I were to get an l32 pcm would It even be able to communicate with everything else? I’m kinda lost on this part. I know the pcm needs to communicate with the bcm so it For the passlock or else you’ll get a security light and your car won’t start so I just want to do this right the 1st time. I know The fuel systems are different between series 2 an 3 so I kept an l67 fuel rail so I’ve got that part covered just saying

·
Super Moderator
417 Posts
I guarantee we answered this in recent days/weeks, and looking back at your posts, you've even been a person it's been answered for.

When you look on vendor sites such as ZZP, Intense, etc., there's very obvious products that give you the option to adapt injector harnesses (EV1, EV6...) or you can get the connector ends from a junkyard, vendor, eBay, Amazon, your neighbor's car, and carefully solder them to swap. That second option seems scary to suggest, if you're continually asking these questions, though.

Boost bypass should be disabled by leaving the port open on the valve, removing the solenoid, and turning off the DTC in the pcm tune. It's only part of the torque management/traction control, and is unnecessary to go through the excess effort to wire up.

For the pcm, the current pcm can be reprogrammed. We answered these questions just 2 weeks ago for another new member. Please view the huge amount of posts on here, especially newer ones that are very relevant to your situation. The point of having forums rather than social media is to retain this information for others' use later on.
https://www.3800pro.com/threads/need-help-sc-swap-on-a-2000-monte-carlo-ss.101382/post-367484

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guarantee we answered this in recent days/weeks, and looking back at your posts, you've even been a person it's been answered for.

When you look on vendor sites such as ZZP, Intense, etc., there's very obvious products that give you the option to adapt injector harnesses (EV1, EV6...) or you can get the connector ends from a junkyard, vendor, eBay, Amazon, your neighbor's car, and carefully solder them to swap. That second option seems scary to suggest, if you're continually asking these questions, though.

Boost bypass should be disabled by leaving the port open on the valve, removing the solenoid, and turning off the DTC in the pcm tune. It's only part of the torque management/traction control, and is unnecessary to go through the excess effort to wire up.

For the pcm, the current pcm can be reprogrammed. We answered these questions just 2 weeks ago for another new member. Please view the huge amount of posts on here, especially newer ones that are very relevant to your situation. The point of having forums rather than social media is to retain this information for others' use later on.
https://www.3800pro.com/threads/need-help-sc-swap-on-a-2000-monte-carlo-ss.101382/post-367484
I didn’t know the boost bypass valve was unnecessary. That and the map sensor were the things I wasn’t sure on how to approach. Don’t think I asked for any top swap wiring advice before this but Thanks for the info Anyways man

·
Super Moderator
417 Posts
Boost bypass VALVE - necessary
Electronic solenoid - unnecessary

Just retain the black vacuum-actuated pod with the single top tube to the source between the throttle blade and rotor pack (on top tree from factory).

You can see in this top-swap photo that's also in the other discussion:

(2002 Monte SS with all original harness, just adapted injector connectors... Used 2004+ GP 2bar MAP that has same connector as L36, temp mounted near EVAP)

Reactions: Key$outh

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boost bypass VALVE - necessary
Electronic solenoid - unnecessary

Just retain the black vacuum-actuated pod with the single top tube to the source between the throttle blade and rotor pack (on top tree from factory).

You can see in this top-swap photo that's also in the other discussion:

(2002 Monte SS with all original harness, just adapted injector connectors... Used 2004+ GP 2bar MAP that has same connector as L36, temp mounted near EVAP)
Ah ok thx again. Is the 04 2 bar map you used from an l67 or l32 because I have both and it looks like the l32 has 2 maps which one should I use ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These came from the l32 should I adapt the 2 connectors off these ones in to my harness or use the singe map off the l67

·
Super Moderator
417 Posts
Where do you think you're wiring a second one into?

The L32 comes with a pair that should be identical. One was used as a barometer, while Series 2's just take that reading from the MAP before start-up, I believe. Some later L67's may have also had that style (04 Regal, 04-05 Chevy's), but it's pretty simple to deal with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts