3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have to replace a rod in my 01 GS. (spun rod bearing ruined the rod and crank) I work at a chevy dealer, so I give the parts department the vin# to my car and tell them to order one. It comes in the next day and I open the box and immediately notice its different than the L67 rods in my car. I tell them and they look up the part # again and the # in the GM catalog is 12593375, which is actually for an L32 rod. So I'm not sure if they only offer the L32 rods now or what, but I saw him look up the rod part # for an 01 regal gs. I may just get all 6 since the L32 rods are better anyway. Are there any other mods that need to be done to use L32 rods in an L67?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Nope,none at all. And you should be able to use upgraded LS6 rod bolts on them as well.
I think the part number was 11610158,I used them on my top swap rebuild.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool, thanks! Am I going to need to have the rotating assembly balanced with the different rods? Or not completely necessary?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i talked to zzp about balancing the rotating asembly, it is not needed. I got the car all back together over a week ago. Been driving it for a week, its smooth as silk. No vibrations from the motor at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts