3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am a newbie to the forum, and I did some searching already. Haven't found the exact answer I'm looking for, so here it goes. I have a 97 GTP with intake, accel 8mm wires, 3.25 pulley, just changed the supercharger oil, aftermarker mufflers, intense racing standard pcm. I've had the wires on there for a few month with the mufflers, but I've added the big stuff in the last 1 1/2 weeks. My car has been running great for about a week. After a high speed pass on the interstate about 141 mph my car had a slight mis in it.. or is this engine knock. It is only present at 800 to 1400 rpm's. my car kinda just rumbles. If I step on it, it'll still rip the tires and tear up to at least 100, haven't pushed it much more since this has happened. Any suggestions? and I know what your all thinking.. slow down. But I really just need to get this fixed. Thanks a lot.. Dave

·
Registered
1998 GTP coupe. All stock and rust free. That will change soon.
92 Posts
since you didn't mention it you probably don't have a SES. Did the SES flash at all during your run? You may have a misfire in one of your cylinders. My advice would be to pull the plugs and see if they look OK, maybe put in a fresh set of plugs and see if the misfire disappears.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Knock or MIS

Yes, the SES light flashed during the run. It now stays lit and it flashes once in awhile.. I changed all the plugs, changed the wire on the cylinder that's misses, and I swapped the coils around and still missing on number 4. It only misses at low rpm's 800 to 1300 ish. I have a new fuel injector on the way, that is my last option I think.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I guess that could be knock. A 3.25" with no headers, no cam or rockers seems a little bit small...But you'd need to scan to be sure cause every car is different.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I agree, I did the same thing with me car pretty much but my pulley was 3.0. That was way to small for my mods and it did the same thing. I scanned it then put a 3.4 on and it fixed the problem.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Howdy,

With your current mods, and your driving habits, I recommend extracting
spark plugs as to see which piston is broken.

BIG JEFF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts