3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm relatively new here but until recently my holden Commodore was powered by a NA 3800 and had run a best of 13.83 at 97mph.

But the aim was always to turbocharge it and so we did.

I ran the car last wednesday night with the un-intercooled set-up running 7psi boost into a 9.2:1 comp engine (heads, cam, extrudehoned intake). This set-up made 260hp at the rear wheels but the intake temp skyrocket pretty quickly.

Anyway we took it for a run and got a best time of 12.90 at 106.98mph (I can post timeslip if needed) on pure street tyres. By pure street I mean these are 225/60/15's running 24psi pressure and I'm launching at 2600rpm (got tight 3000rpm converter, full manual TH700, and 3.45:1 gears).

I'm pretty happy with the result but next time out we're going to run the 'cooler (600x300x75mm) and that will make alot of difference. Stay tuned for more improvements.

By the way, here's the video 7Mb

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Good video. Its wierd seeing RWD and Right hand drive too! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I guess it is. ;)

We'll make sure we get some better footage of the next meeting where I'm hoping to go 11's. :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Little bit of an update on the old Commodore with the new turbo set-up.

We fitted a 600x300x75mm intercooler recently and bumped the boost up to 10.5psi and this gave us 323hp at the rear wheels. With the new power on board, along with a pair of slicks we decided to give a try out at the track and see what the new 'cooler and extra boost was worth in ET.

Well it's certainly alot of fun to drive now and takes a little getting used to, but once we worked out how to lauch it properly we managed to run 11.995 at 114.76mph.

Not bad for a sleeper. :eek:

We're not finished yet though and we still have some more boost to feed into it and we're aiming for a low 11 second pass which we think it there for the taking given that it was having wastegate issues (loosing boost) when it ran the 11.99.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Video's not working. Nice ET's
Shane

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn, they must have removed it. Oh well, i'll make some more soon and host them elsewhere.

Yeah it runs good for little V6. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts