3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new HP tuner today. I have a gtp and a regal gs I would like to tune. I just put the cd in and downloaded it along with the usb set up. Can anyone tell me what to do now? I have no idea what so ever. I would like to start tuning but have no idea where to start and mine didnt come with any directions! Do I need to use my credits? Please help I am getting my:buttkick:

·
Registered
312 Posts
hp tuning

plug the interface to pc and to the car port, and hit read vcm ..it should read your stock tune and save it ,,,,hit save .it takes 4 credits to tune 2 cars ..if you make any changes on stock tune save it under a diff name ..that way you will keep your stock tune...and you can start tuning off stock tune and if anything isnt right you can all ways go back to stock..start tuning ltft's get them close to 0 and make sure you kr count is low!! hope that helps ...go to the hp tuners forum ..it will help you the most on tuning

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean license a vehicle? and it takes 4 credits to do 2 tunes?

·
Registered
312 Posts
credits

it will ask if you want to use 2 credits for your gtp,and 2 credits to tune your regal. when you use the credits for each car ,then you can tune all you want.read the vcm in the gp then go to the regal and read the vcm..total of 4 credits to tune 2 cars...you can only tune your cars unless you use more credits..its kinda heady when your new with hptuners ,but you will get it happy tuning!!

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
Take some time to read the HP Tuners forum. You need a better understanding of the software and flashing the pcm. If you are not careful you will end up with a car that is dead in the water.

I wish there was a bigger demand for me to do a class for newbies with HP Tuners.

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
Problem is everyone is spread out all over the place. Trying to get even 3 people to commit is nearly impossible. I would want to do it over the course of 2 days. One day of some class room work and one day on a dyno.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I would be up for it not sure if i can get anyone else around here or not.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I would like a Lession on Tuneing on the Dyno. Ive done it on the street but never on the roller. What's the difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts