3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people on here are in 12's on the stock tranny? How many people had to replace their tranny after getting into 12's? Whats your every day driving style like? etc etc. Don't be ashamed if you beat the crap out of your car, im just looking for honest answers. Biggest fear of mine is blowing my tranny at the track. I'm at mid 13 seconds now and would like to see an improvement in the spring. Like I said im just curious so i thought i'd ask.

~Andrew

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
12s on stock tranny here aside from TC 300 and Gen2 LSD. I drive normal. Blowing the tranny is also my biggest fear and i think many others as well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
they aer out there, but from what ive gathered in 3 yrs of drivin one, dont expect it to last long runnin those times on a stock tranny, the input shafts and drive chain i hear are a common piece to break when makin good power

·
Banned
189 Posts
Howdy,

Stock transaxles in 12 second cars are not long for this world! They seem to be able to handle mid to low 13 power pretty well.

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
713 Posts
BIG JEFF said:
Howdy,

Stock transaxles in 12 second cars are not long for this world! They seem to be able to handle mid to low 13 power pretty well.

BIG JEFF
Are saying my stock trans running 12.0 is hurting?:eek: Its all good though, you get to have your way with my car next month;)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bumpingtp ~ you running 12.0 with a stock tranny? any upgrade components? how many miles?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts