3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Then The PJR's? I need a new fuel rail because i'm not stupid enough to use rubber lines to extend my stock Rails. Are the Thrasher Rails worth the money?

·
Registered
14 Posts
DAYUUM!! I feel dumb.. Beacause I used rubber hose..

The only difference with the thrasher ones are that is is in a black case..and is not ribbed.

But they are seenetially the same design..

Save the 200.oo and get the PJR's..

I am still waiting for the ZZP version .. ZOOMER any word!! :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Their made in a completely different way IMHO than the PRJ's. It doesn't mean they work any better. Both are just a fuel delivery system that look nice. The only way to actually ADD performance to a rail system is to put pulsation dampners on both rails.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Blk01GTP said:
Then The PJR's? I need a new fuel rail because i'm not stupid enough to use rubber lines to extend my stock Rails. Are the Thrasher Rails worth the money?
Any reason you feel the thousands of people running rubber fuel line(including most factory cars without plastic lines) are so stupid? I wonder why all the makers and sellers of aftermarket fuel pumps recommend clamping a rubber hose in the tank?

Aftermarket fuel rails are for looks, pick which one you feel is the prettiest.

nice forum BTW.

-T

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comments but it's just my Opinion.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The only way to actually ADD performance to a rail system is to put pulsation dampners on both rails.
Ron, I've seen you say this several times now and would like to know more. My car is a '98 so it never came with a dampener like the 99+ cars did. When I went to an IC, I extended the tubing by welding in additional tubing, and still never had a dampener. On my new motor, I now run the PRJ rails and again with no dampener. I don't think I ever had any issues and my car does go through a bit of fuel going down the track. Can you please provide a picture and a few words as to how they help and what they do or don't do? What kind of issue would I experience?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
467 Posts
The factory dampner is really not all that great, the '04s are supposed to be the latest and greatest rail, and they're touted having dual dampners. I picked a '04 rail to modify for my car, cut it apart to find the dampner is nothing more than a flattened tube inside the rail. The effects of a good dampner are subtle, it's really supposed to maintain equal, and even fuel distrobution. The bigger the injector, the more effective a dampner is...As each injector opens and closes it creates a wave in the rail, the higher the revs go, it can create standing waves within the rail, and prevent all the cylinders from recieving the same amount of gas. I spoke with Jim Marren a couple of months ago about this, his reccomendation was to have at least a single dampner at a 42 lb injector, and duals above 55lbs. If you graph out a scan of the 02's the effects of rail pulsation start to show when you see the 02's breaking up in the higher revs, sometimes falling off. It's hard to diagnose unless you've already done everything else to fix it. Check out www.injector.com they expain it better there.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
The little disc you're referring to is called the pulsator, and it was added to the fuel rail to attenuate the ticking noise coming from the fuel injectors. It serves no other known functional purpose, and deleting it is fine in our opinion.

·
Registered
289 Posts
for some reason the site of rubber ose on the top of a motor holding 40-60 lbs or pressure just doesnt seem to safe. Ive also been thinking about getting a pulasation dampener too.
-Scott

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rubber hose works fine as long as your flare the fittings... That hose is rated for a much higher burst rate then your fuel pressure will ever see...

On the same note, from a purely physics standpoint, I'd think that the length of line from the tank to the rail would calm most pulsations, assuming you can keep adequate flow and pressure to keep the injectors overfed at all times... that's just what makes sense to me though, I may be entirely wrong (often am ;)).

Regardless, the PRJ rails should be plenty to keep you from worrying. Thrasher's prices do tend to be higher then most of the other vendors with similiar products.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts