3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got into an arguement with one of my co-workers about my GTP being very race-worthy telling me that he could beat me in his 40th anniversary mustang and could walk all over me.. and him and about 5 other people all agreed telling me that my engine is not a preformance engine that its a grandma car.. pointing out stuff like 250HP for a N/A V6 is normal and that mine is supercharged and it barely makes that much power.
Questioning me why I would even put money into the engine for more power that its a sucky engine(preformance wise)

So... The question is Is the S/C 3800 a preformance engine?

·
Registered
18 Posts
first of all dont let some douchebag rustang owner get to you..they think they are tough **** when in reality u have as much horse as a gt stock so umm yea...also it comes down to how u feel..i was gonna do an ls1 swap but i wanna be unique and different thats why im throwing a good ol turbo on the sixer maro. facts are the l67 is the performance version of the 3800 series 2...l36 is the so called grocery getter

·
Registered
685 Posts
Let them talk all there crap, then ask them to race and see what happens. Is he a stick or auto? IMO Ford automatics are POS. my .02

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let them talk all there crap, then ask them to race and see what happens. Is he a stick or auto? IMO Ford automatics are POS. my .02
It's stick.. 40th anni. mustang w/3.8 V6

When he first told me he had a 40th anni. stang i was kinda excited to check it out cuz I have the 40th anni. GTP but when i went to the parking lot to check it out I looked and looked and looked... then he walked out and he said its right beside me.. It looked exactly like a stock mustang.. nothing special about the interior or exterior accept a little 4 inch circle badge on the sides that says 40th really tiny on it with a horse.. I was dissapointed, at least pontiac's 40th anni. changed more than the paint color and badging and then called it unique...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Craig, just so ya know', his 3.8 is the **** bag. Take him down ASAP. Even if it was a 5.0 or 4.6, you'd still hang door to door with him.
Get with the moddin, man..............

·
Registered
136 Posts
take off 2 spark plug wires and you would still beat him for godshakes its a ford and a v6 one at that you can run faster than that !!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
What a tool the 3800 has a proud heritage! Put it to him, I mess stock V8 mustangs up all the time! You should crush that POS V6 no problem! Own his soul!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The first thing I would do is walk up to this person, raise your arm and extend your pointer finger towards their face....then begin laughing as hard as you can!!!!!! haha, what a moron...you should race him and embarass him! Like stated above, your car could prolly beat him with only 4 cylinders going.

If your concerned about the GM 3800 being a performance motor....there are 3 out there right now that will run a 8 second 1/4...This is faster that most heavily modded V-8's

·
Registered
324 Posts
:icon_roll this mustangs guy is a moron yes... is the exact word Andy ;)

hahaaha

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hell i thought it was a V8. Kiss his azz sea bass. Take him down

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
It's stick.. 40th anni. mustang w/3.8 V6
:haha::laugh:
Is our GTP 3.8 a performance engine? Grand national ring any bells? Granted it's not the same motor anymore but still a 3.8 and I believe our current blocks have a stronger bottom end than the GN back in the day. they are quite efficient little suckers.
Problem with running Mustang V6 owners is they never loose a race, until someone posts the truth about them having lost. Then they sound like Honda guys rattling off excuses.
run him and ...:nutkick:,
If you decide to do a pulley swap, just don't do a smaller pulley without a PCM upgrade, to make sure your engine lives long and healthy. We wouldn't want that supercharger to give you the gift of detonation on those stock cast pistons.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you decide to do a pulley swap, just don't do a smaller pulley without a PCM upgrade, to make sure your engine lives long and healthy. We wouldn't want that supercharger to give you the gift of detonation on those stock cast pistons.

Yeah I ordered intense PCM, 180 t-stat, ZZP SS plog, and SS downpipe

Ive already got the Aeroforce scan guage installed to monitor knock..
the highest spike ive ever seen is 2.5 fully stock accept CAI

next payday i plan on geting intense 3.5 mps

I should have the pcm and tstat this wednesday
I woulda had the DP and plog the same day but ZZP gave me greif about my credit card address being different than my shiping address because im in the millitary... so zzp shiping to ohio then my dad is shiping to me here in D.C.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i had the same problem with a mustang owner, so in june im take a trip down to jersey to show him what a 3800 is made off. if they need proof sent them to the Intense* site, there plenty of performance parts there. still need help a race will prove it

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Well, there's also videos on streetfire of some GTP's getting down to business. But it would be so much nicer to see his face after he gets smashed and not expecting it. My friends with 03 cobra and built LT4 Trans am laughed at me when they found out I was building a V6, but after seeing some of the video's, they shut up and started taking me as a serious contender.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Send him a link to this: Lima Racing- 99 pontiac grand prix GT vs Shelb - Video

Then see if he feels his V6 stang can keep up...

I do somewhat agree however that the SII 3800 isn't exactly a performance engine. I mean yes, with some mods, it has great potential, I'm not going to argue that. However, GM didn't design it for performance. Its an iron block/iron head pushrod engine with pretty crappy heads that was made mostly for midsize everyday cars.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I envy you guys in the sleeper department. Mine is unfortunately, just the opposite. I actually had a manual Cavalier (with +50hp racing stripes) try to run with me on the highway the other day. I left him in my rearview by just rolling on the gas in 4th with the tcc locked.

My favorite thing to do is when at a light people ask me to race... Usually it's a Mustang GT or a ricer. I just tell them nah it's just a 3.8 v-6 (they assume it's a TA because of the hood/lowering kit and stage 3 cam isn't quite the sleeper). I'll let them take off and wait till I hit second then roll on the boost hard and 75% of the time they snap their eyes off the road when they hear the turbo screaming as I whiz by. If they catch up the question is always "You didn't mention you had a turbo" to which I generally respond "Oh, did I leave that part out?"

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah I ordered intense PCM, 180 t-stat, ZZP SS plog, and SS downpipe

Ive already got the Aeroforce scan guage installed to monitor knock..
the highest spike ive ever seen is 2.5 fully stock accept CAI

next payday i plan on geting intense 3.5 mps

I should have the pcm and tstat this wednesday
I woulda had the DP and plog the same day but ZZP gave me greif about my credit card address being different than my shiping address because im in the millitary... so zzp shiping to ohio then my dad is shiping to me here in D.C.
If you are seeing any amount of KR now on your stock pulley, then I definately wouldn't drop to a smaller pulley. If you are spiking 2.5* of KR on a stock pulley, you are going to see quite a bit of KR on a 3.5.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If you are seeing any amount of KR now on your stock pulley, then I definately wouldn't drop to a smaller pulley. If you are spiking 2.5* of KR on a stock pulley, you are going to see quite a bit of KR on a 3.5.
I think he means KR with the stock GM tune, which should go away with an Intense PCM and pulley combo. At least I hope that's what he meant.

Brian, how's the popcorn? Glad yar watchin over us. ;)

1 - 20 of 119 Posts