3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask is because I already have the first Gen Intense 1.9 rockers Ive had them for a couple of years and never changed my spring or anything else when I installed them. Im now starting to have concerns with it but Im wondering if I should upgrade to the 3 gen along with springs.

Is there much of a difference between the 1st and 3rd generation 1.9 rockers? If not should I upgrade the springs anyways?

Thanks in advance for any info

-Brian

·
Vendor
260 Posts
F1_GTP said:
The reason I ask is because I already have the first Gen Intense 1.9 rockers Ive had them for a couple of years and never changed my spring or anything else when I installed them. Im now starting to have concerns with it but Im wondering if I should upgrade to the 3 gen along with springs.

Is there much of a difference between the 1st and 3rd generation 1.9 rockers? If not should I upgrade the springs anyways?

Thanks in advance for any info

-Brian
If you're not having a problem, leave it alone. :) The valve spring breaking/ floating issue doesn't seem to be prevalent on the modified rockers. The power gains will be minimal; so if the added peace of mind is worth the money to you, then go for it. The Gen III's certainly do look pretty if nothing else. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll be holding off on those for a little while then.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd leave them.. If you're not having problems with them don't worry about it... Gen 1 and Gen 3 still move the rocker arm the same length up and down...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts