3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ultra gauge which can detect knock retard but I have never seen any value besides 0. Also under normal driving my timing is -27deg, is this normal? Here is the info and list of mods on my car. My car is a 97 pontiac GTP, it has full exhaust with resonator delete, wrapped headers to keep heat out of the engine bay, cold air intake, 3.4 pulley, colder plugs/brand new wires, ZZP pcm, hardened motor and trans mounts, upgraded engine bay wiring, and upgraded alternator. do you think my mods are sufficient enough to never knock? I worry that maybe my knock sensor is not working properly.

This is my first post here by the way

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I have an ultra gauge which can detect knock retard but I have never seen any value besides 0. Also under normal driving my timing is -27deg, is this normal? Here is the info and list of mods on my car. My car is a 97 pontiac GTP, it has full exhaust with resonator delete, wrapped headers to keep heat out of the engine bay, cold air intake, 3.4 pulley, colder plugs/brand new wires, ZZP pcm, hardened motor and trans mounts, upgraded engine bay wiring, and upgraded alternator. do you think my mods are sufficient enough to never knock? I worry that maybe my knock sensor is not working properly.

This is my first post here by the way
Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like your gauge isn't working properly. It should show the timing vary under different driving conditions. Almost any blown 3800 can be forced to go into KR, going up a hill, or passing, usually there are times the KR is caused by sudden driving changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts