3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new and stupis here and just spent more then one hour googling this question so I will ask here I am looking at buying a 1991 buick lesabre custom it is 4 door and when you look under the totaly awasome corvette style hood all it says on the engine is "fuel injection" it looks almost exacally like the the 3.8 under all of the other cars I saw on youtube but it dose not have the 3800 badge so what engine is it? (and hp output eather way)

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
IIRC all LeSabre's that year were 3800's.

What is the VIN? The 8th digit is the engine.

Hi I am new and stupis here and just spent more then one hour googling this question so I will ask here I am looking at buying a 1991 buick lesabre custom it is 4 door and when you look under the totaly awasome corvette style hood all it says on the engine is "fuel injection" it looks almost exacally like the the 3.8 under all of the other cars I saw on youtube but it dose not have the 3800 badge so what engine is it? (and hp output eather way)

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I have seen references in parts books of the TPI engine in 91, but has anyone ever SEEN one in a 1991 car?

91 had the 3.8 with the addition of Tuned Port Injection to make 170hp, only the '86 had the 3.0 as standard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts