3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My intercooler pump is really loud. Anyone know of a anything that can be done to the pump, the mounting of the pump or anything else other than just replacing it that can make it much more quiet. If not who knows of a quiet and reliable pump. Thanks Rich

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've heard putting a little piece of rubber between the pump and the mounting point helps a bit because less vibration is transfered...

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
We've added Dynamat to our last two intercooler pump installations (one yesterday and another one today), and that seems to have reduced the noise by ~ 70%.

Remind us when you come out next, and we'll find a way to quiet that pump down some for you Rich.

·
Registered
76 Posts
After spending six hours in my car coming home today, I can say that I did not even hear the pump. The matting seems to be working well.

Another good fix would be a louder exhaust j/k :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where and how did you install it? did you wrap the pump or just put some where it mounts to?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Richcompg said:
where and how did you install it? did you wrap the pump or just put some where it mounts to?
I am going to take pics in the next day or so, and I will try and get some of the matting, but basicly it is just lining the inside of the nose of the bumper

·
Registered
467 Posts
I used a plate to mount my pump. I oversized the holes and used well nuts. It'll isolate any vibrations that transfer to the chassis.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Isnt the "normal" fix justto turn up the radio louder? :D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Even when you listen to news radio? (remember, I'm over 30...)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Ron Ill be 30 on the 22nd, does that mean Ill have to start listening to NPR? NOOOOO!!!

Jonathan
Has that dynamat made a difference?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If its good enough for people with loud systems ihn their trunks, it should silance your pump

1 - 14 of 14 Posts