3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
if youre itching that bad just go to ZZP and get one for cheaper. Install is free with the purchase of the kit. But you have to drive your car to their shop.

*gets ready for all the intense guys bashing how ZZP sucks* :p

·
Registered
713 Posts
You are right, it is owned by INTENSE, however, we will not tolerate any vendor bashing of any kind, against any vendor, this is one rule we are VERY strict about.

Back to the topic at hand though....i have heard "rumors" that it is very near completion.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
*gets ready for all the intense guys bashing how ZZP sucks*
Not a chance. We prefer to take the high road. That's why you won't find any INTENSE members bashing any competitor on this or any other forum.

anybody know when the intense turbo kits will be released i'm really itchin for one
We need some more time for ours, but there are others already on the market.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm a bit curious on the long term effects of the current kits on the market aimed at putting otherwise stock L36's deep into the 12's without much beefing up of the internals. Is a turbo that 'soft' on the motor that it is capable of this on a reliable bassis?

I suppose it's probably lest harsh than an M90 with a tiny pully. Something kind of scares me about 'bolt on 11's'.

This isn't specific to any vendor.. this just seems to be what is gained out of these kits with little work so far.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, like any mod, you need to consider the supporting mods. The supporting mods in this case would be a beefed up engine and transmission. So far everyone has been ok, but we will see with time. I personally dont have to worry about my transmission, because im always changing something on the car. So it barely sees the road ;)

*gets ready for all the intense guys bashing how ZZP sucks*
Did you not read the registration page, where you "accepted" the rules to be part of the forum... :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
BoogieQ said:
I'm a bit curious on the long term effects of the current kits on the market aimed at putting otherwise stock L36's deep into the 12's without much beefing up of the internals. Is a turbo that 'soft' on the motor that it is capable of this on a reliable bassis?

I suppose it's probably lest harsh than an M90 with a tiny pully. Something kind of scares me about 'bolt on 11's'.

This isn't specific to any vendor.. this just seems to be what is gained out of these kits with little work so far.
In Oz guys that are turboing the L36 ( LN3 down here ) are getting reasonably reliable power if they don't exceed 300rwhp. Seems more than this is causing a few to chip the pistons ( with disastrous results ). Tuning is critical, and having a tuner that knows what he's doing. A few guys fitted aftermarket ECU with no KR ability and this has others saying stick with the original DELCO unit and remap these. I know very little about the ECU side so can't help with question on it. But you could ask a few questions on the Street commodores site under V6 Power. It's on the recommended sites list.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i was looking at a turbo, not for atleast 5 or more months but i have some questions. Mostely what supporting engine and transmission mods will i need to get so my car wont fall apart with a turbo? Because how good is your turbo kit if you cant drive your car???

·
Registered
238 Posts
it all depends on what turbo you use, but it would be a good idea to upgrade the tranny, when it comes to which parts you do and dont need im not sure, as far as the engine goes if you have an l36 i would upgrade pistons, rods, main stud, seals, etc, maybe drop the compression down to 8.5:1, be just to warn you when you drop the compression without the turbo on you will feel a loss in power until the turbo is added on

·
Registered
32 Posts
BoogieQ said:
I have about 10,000 or so miles on my L36 Longblock with no issues, and I run around with 15psi of boost on 93 octane everyday. My car has to get me to work everyday.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just wanna watch this thread as they may come out last, but wind up with the best kit/options. Wonder how it'll work on my Bonneville? ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how much boost??

heys you guys from intense. how much boost should i be able to run with your kit? my bottem end is completely balanced balance shaft removed double roller timing chain diamond forged uncoated pistons, l32 con rods. i put it together myself :D something i'm very proud of. anyways i just want a quick summary of how much boost you think i should be able to run. thanks
p.s. would it be best to buy a turbo cam if the cam i have know is a stage1x?

·
Registered
181 Posts
the S1X along with the VS cam will actually work quite well with a turbo except for possible cruise and deceleration burps/surges. i read this by turbo tim somewhere

1 - 17 of 17 Posts