3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it goin guys. I have a 1999 grand prix GT with 180* tstat, intake and exhaust mods and now its time to get a new PCM. For my particular application, it seems as if the Intense Standard PCM and the Digital Horsepower 1.0 are the most common options. But, both of their descriptions claim that they do the same things....ex: skip shifts, 185 degree fans on, etc.

However, the Intense PCM is 169.99 plus shipping and the DHP is around 215.
So, my questions are....WHICH ONE IS BETTER? WHICH GIVES THE BEST PERFORMANCE PER DOLLAR? Has anyone had good/bad experiences with either one? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Greg

·
Registered
784 Posts
However, the Intense PCM is 169.99 plus shipping and the DHP is around 215.
So, my questions are....WHICH ONE IS BETTER? WHICH GIVES THE BEST PERFORMANCE PER DOLLAR? Has anyone had good/bad experiences with either one? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I've used both. They both do a good job. But,I feel the intense PCM is the finest PCM available. The Intense PCM is more item specific as far as matching up with your upgrades. No matter where your at on your cars mods, they will have a PCM to suit your needs. They can't help you enough when asked. And being a solid 50 bucks cheaper, to me the choice is a no brainer

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well BUMPINGTP....you were very right. at 99 bucks (less than 1/2 the price of the DHP), the intense PCM is definetely the right choice. I am ordering one as an early christmas present for myself lol. Thanks for the help everybody.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.