3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This is my first post in this forum, but have read several posts here and there are some very informative people. I recently shatter a piston in my 2002 GTP due to the effects of KR over time. Sadly to say this KR was caused from a 3.2" pulley in which I put on the car without the proper supporting mods. My car is currently in the shop having the mods in my signiture installed. How much power can you guys estimate from this setup? Also, what can you estimate the quarter mile time to be? I should have the car back Tue. or Wed. , so after the break-in period the shop offered me discounted dyno runs. Let me know what you guys think, and help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. some of the mods in the list were already on the old motor

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody?? I'm asking a rough estimate.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Welcome Jon!

This is my first post in this forum, but have read several posts here and there are some very informative people.
Yes, the technical content on this forum is INCREDIBLE!

I recently shatter a piston in my 2002 GTP due to the effects of KR over time. Sadly to say this KR was caused from a 3.2" pulley in which I put on the car without the proper supporting mods.
You're not alone. Many times people like the gains they get from a pulley swap, and move too quickly to the next size down without having supportive mods.

My car is currently in the shop having the mods in my signiture installed. How much power can you guys estimate from this setup?
The short-block doesn't really add much power. It just allows you to make a few mistakes without having to worry about breaking pistons, etc.

Most Stage 1X customers dyno in the 250 to 300 WHP range, depending on fuel, pulley size, tuning, etc.

Also, what can you estimate the quarter mile time to be?
Most Stage 1X customers run anywhere from 12.1 to 13.5 depending on fuel, pulley size, tuning, tires, weather conditions, track preparation, etc. Elevens are certainly possible with an intercooler, slicks, good fuel and tuning.

I should have the car back Tue. or Wed. , so after the break-in period the shop offered me discounted dyno runs. Let me know what you guys think, and help is greatly appreciated.
Be sure to break it in on dinosaur oil. And good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
What is dinosaur oil? Sorry, never heard of that before.

What Scott said... nonsynthetic motor oil, but coming from a history major (I love this stuff).... Some oil may or may not have come from dinosaurs and other long dead orgainisums, but, most oil, especially oil that we pump from under the seabed comes from the decayed remains of tiny one-cell creatures. These creatures die and collect at the bottom of the sea, turning into a energy rich sludge over millions of years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts