3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the security relearn procedure Intense recommends on my 2001 Impala LS, but the car just won't run.

1. Started car. Ran for 2 seconds, then died. Security light never did come on.

2. Went ahead and put the key to ON anyway... Alternating security light and battery light. Never did go to battery light only, even after 15+ minutes. Went ahead and cycled through the rest of the procedure anyway.

3. After 3 times, tried to start the car. Same as before... started and ran for 2-3 seconds, then died.

4. Put old PCM back in, car starts and runs fine.

The keys the dealer gave me have black plastic on the ends that hook to the keyring. I assume they ARE the correct keys for the security relearn procedure.

What gives? This is frustrating. The WizAired is on and makes a HUGE difference... but without the PCM it is only a drop in the bucket.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr. INTENSE said:
Mike - it sounds like I may have made a programming error in your PCM with regard to the VATS system. Please email me at [email protected], and we'll get this resolved on Monday.
Thanks, Scott.

I gave it a couple good shots--removed from the system entirely and did the relearn twice... but never got the proper result.

With the new CAI on now, I can only imagine what kind of improvement a nice PCM will make.

And I'll be in touch sooner or later regarding the cam, supercharger, etc., etc., etc., $$$$$$$

Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MCSS said:

William,

Thanks for your reply. I tried starting the car, as described, and it DID start with the INTENSE PCM--right off the bat. Ran for 2-3 seconds and died. You mention that the car won't start... Not the case in my situation... Sounds like we're already at odds with what is happening.

Did you car start, then die, when you switched PCMs?

·
Registered
32 Posts
mlewis73 said:
Did you car start, then die, when you switched PCMs?
Hmmm, I honestly can't recall. It's been a couple years. But I did have a problem with it learning the first time. Running for 2-3 seconds only sounds like it's a PASSLOCK(TM) learning issue. Just make sure you wait the required 10 minutes, and the 5 seconds, and don't pull the key out of the ignition at any time during.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts