3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just finished putting it in and i am almost done getting the car on the road. For anyone thinking of doing this here are some tips:

the oil filter adapter
10 feet of steel braided hose
2 - 8AN to 3/8" NPT Adapter
2 - 8AN to 1/2" NPT Adapter
4 - 8AN fittings (use the ones you think will work the best)
Oil pressure gauge.

Now for the problems i had:

Do not do what i did and put in to in and out to out. they should go to opposites.

use teflon tape

install spring and pludger (this is needed so you get get pressure)

The biggest thing is use steel braided hose. I used rubber hose that came with the kit i bought (not from intense) and it likes to kink.

Overall it should work out just fine

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ya getting ready to do this too. This is what I have so far, and was waiting to get it IN the car and then figure out what fittings I am going to use.

All will be nice aluminum annodized fittings, and stainless steel braded hose.

I have a oil filter relocator now, it basically screws on inplace of the filter, then you attach your lines to that piece, then to the bracket that holds your new filter in the new spot you choose. I mounted it horizontally onto the subframe/engine craddle infront of the starter. That works awsome for changing the oil...no mess, and its hella easy to get to. Once that is done, all you have to do is just slide your pan further back to drain the oil from the engine.

Where did you relocate your filter to? I'm going to keep mine in the same spot as it is relocated now.

Here is my INTENSE pressure kit installed so far:

~Farnsworth~

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mounted my filter on the subframe in the back between the trans and the frame so nothing is hanging down. I had to move it because the torque bar is in the way from the manual trans. I used 2 3/8" NPT to 8 AN 45 degree fittings to get it around the axle. It is still alittle close but i will have to deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where do you get the oil filter relocation kits from (Not the Intense part, the actual filter mounting part)?
I was thinking of doing this when I put on the turbo.
Do any kits come with the braidied stainless line?
Is it better to go 1 or 2 filters?
Any downsides in this as opposed to the factory filter setup?

thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for turbo it has a outlet for it on the intense plate.

no kits to my knowledge come with steel braided lines. I bought the stuff i used from summit racing. if you want i can get you parts numbers. I am using one filter. I reall dont see any good for using 2.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for that :)

Part numbers would be great
What size filter does it use and do you have a pic of it installed in your car?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am not sure how to measure the filter but it is about double the size of the stock one.

summit racing part numbers:

Summit Stainless steel lines - sum-230810 that is 10 feet 8AN
oil filter bracket - TRD-1028 (vertical) TRD-1045 (horizontal)
8 AN to pipe striaght - SUM-220846 (you will need 2 of these or 2 of 45 degree)
8 AN to pipe 45 degree - SUM-220854 (you will need 2 of these or 2 straight)

the rest you will have to look up on summits site.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ahh!! Got it. Now that you mention that, it makes perfect sense. You'd think it would come with a lil slip of paper stating that or be writen in marker on the plastic baggie. LOL.. guess stuff isn't 'idiot proof' for all of us.. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where is a good starting point for the oil pressure screw? I was planning on starting with the screw flush with the top of the nut, but now I'm thinking it may be to much.
Also, would splicing into the yellow wire on the factory sending unit be sufficient for an aftermarket oil pressure guage, or will I get in-correct readings?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Where is a good starting point for the oil pressure screw? I was planning on starting with the screw flush with the top of the nut, but now I'm thinking it may be to much.
That would be to much. On the back side of the adapter, adjust the screw to where it is even with the plate. That is stock setting, going in further than that will increase the pressure.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
it alows you to relocate your oil filter so you can run an oversized supercharger pulley on the crank. Intense sells it on their website.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I got my adapter plate two years ago, it didn't come with any brass washer with the rubber center. What is this part for, and where can I get one? What if I don't use one? The only parts that I have for the adjustment is the long screw and a nut with a nylon center.

Also, how did you mount the filter adapter to the engine brace? Did you drill holes and tap them, and then use stainless steel bolts? I can't figure out any other way to do it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here is some pictures of my set up if anybody cares to see what I created.

There is where the filter is now located:

Was not cheap to build/assemble, but so worth it in the long run. Best part about it, no mess when changing your oil filter.

~Farnsworth~

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.