3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2 questions,

1. If you had a stock 1.6 ratio rocker in 1 hand, and an Intense 1.7 modified rocker in the other hand, how would you be able to tell which one is which?

2. The pedestials that came with the 1.7's, what would happen if stock 1.6 ratio rockers were used with them?
How can you tell the difference by just looking at the pedestials that came with the 1.7's compared to the stock ones?

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
I think what Mike means it the distance from the center of the pivot to the center of the pushrod cup will be further apart on the 1.7 vs. the 1.6.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1Hot97 said:
I think what Mike means it the distance from the center of the pivot to the center of the pushrod cup will be further apart on the 1.7 vs. the 1.6.
Actually, pushrod cup on the 1.7s will be closer to the pivot(fulcrum). Im not sure about the pedestals though.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Duh! You are correct Sir.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!

I was looking at them today and I couldn't find a difference.
I'm going to have to look again.

parttimer said:
Th pedestals have a deeper groove cut in them to keep the rods from rubbing.

·
Vendor
260 Posts
On a good set of pedastals, it's hard to tell they've been modified. The higher ratio rocker, the closer the pushrod seat is to the center of the pushrod. The reason the pedastal needs to be modified is because the angle of the pushrod is changed and it would otherwise scrape against the pedastal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts