3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ATTN: BIG Jeff. Intense HD transaxle upgrade kit

i have a 1998 GT running low 14's with 98,000 miles on it. next year i want to run 13's with my car Naturally aspirated. i figured since i want to do this that i better rebuild my tranny and make it stronger. like i said the tranny has 98000 miles on it and i trailored a jet ski on it for 4 years and i have raced with it since i got it when it had 38000 miles on it, so its starting to slip a little bit. im hoping with the help of Big Jeff and everyone else out there, i was thinking of getting everything that is on the list of the Intense HD transaxle Upgrade Kit. would that be good enough to have? or will i need other things. right now for my tranny i have the intense 350 Torque Convertor, Intense Shift Kit, and the ac delco overhaul kit. so i would be looking at getting everything else on that list. i mean, should i get all the selonoids, clutch pistons, and other stuff or what? i really want to do this over the winter becasue im going to store my car, so if you can please help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks a lot
Jon

·
Registered
713 Posts
You should talk to Eric from Dynotech Performance in New Jersey. They are very familiar with these cars and transmissions and might be able to build something for you. I know they work with INTENSE pretty closely.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok. but he had a newer tranny to begin with. mine is old so i dont know if i have to replace any other parts?

Jon

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's a good idea to replace everything you can inside the transmission because it's a huge pain to have to go back in a month or two later because you didn't change a $50 solenoid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.