3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the underwhelming response and lack of sign ups we have been forced to cancel INTENSE Drag Day X. After more than six weeks of registrations, we still only have 27 paid racers and 4 paid spectators. This is by far our worst ever turnout, even though we've done everything possible to offer the best possible conditions, and even offered half price to INTENSE customers. At this point, we've only taken in a total of $1,245, which won't even cover the extra track preparation that we pay for - let alone the actual track rental and all the other various items.

INTENSE wanted to do everything possible to provide the best conditions for the time of year when most records and personal bests are set. Unfortunately, it seems as if very few were interested. People may post here and say that if we had lowered the price then more people would have attended. When we first announced the event six weeks ago registration was $30.00 for our customers, a VERY reasonable price in our opinion to attend a track such as Summit MotorSports Park prepped to the hilt and ready for action so we are not sure that argument is valid.

We are very dissapointed in the turnout for this event and we want to apologize to and thank those of you who did signup. We are sorry for any inconvenience cancelling this event has caused you. I will be issuing refunds throughout the day and you should get an email confirmation when yours is processed.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I think there are more people then we realize who are seeing what these cars can so and are just going crazy on em.....theres more and more semi-"full drag" being built every month. But then we run into the problem of trying to get the cars ready and family and work. Im sure theres alot of people who would attend if theirs brand new stage 4 motors were finished, and some other crazy ******** with 2 supercharged motors in their cutlass who are still working out final details:coolbeer: and then theirs the guys with the whipples.... they're hiding out somewhere waiting to get everything strong enough to hold the motor down.

I think at this point in time, theres probably 30-50 cars that are capable of creating super crazy competition in the contender classes....once theyre all setup and tuned and running good......but theyre not ready yet.... Me being one:banghead: But I dont think Eric's whippled Riv is ready yet either, and it wouldnt be the best event ever without the 2 fastest Rivieras on the planet (of course with the exception of that twin turbo GN motor one....thats cheating)

But this winter should provide the necesary down time we need.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
That is unbelieveable! Im so dissapointed! :(

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The price was the biggest complaint I heard about from non-customers but I appreciate the gesture towards your customers. Maybe a small discount to customers at the spring event? Or an online sale of some sort? Let me see what I need, then I'll let you know the special you should run. :8

·
Registered
139 Posts
I will say this I would have love to have gone but it is always a matter of family before fun. I know that I am not the only one. As much as we love our cars family comes first and I am sure some of us can't swing the extra time off from work either. You got to work to feed the habit right.:icon_lol: That being said i think the extra time this allows will make for better cars next year.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Sorry to hear guys. It will make everyone chomp at the bit to come back out in the spring!

Maybe even the GTX!

·
Registered
57 Posts
What a bummer :mad:
This has always been a well supported event and "Norwalk" (I'll always call it that) is the best track around, especially when it gets cooler outside.

I hope you will try to do a Spring IDD.

NO Casa Fiesta either :shake:

Guess we'll see everyone a bit earlier at the MGM hotel Friday night.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
:mad: I don't understand why people aren't signing up! :hmmmm: Everyone always asks when there will be another IDD, but then the time comes and everyone gets shy. I know that if you look at my INTENSE receipts you’ll see that I spend all my money 2 months before IDD so that I can go and have a great time!!! Heck I take all of my vacations around track dates (Spring IDD, Pontiac Nationals, Fall IDD)…

For those who didn’t sign up why? Maybe knowing what holds people back can help in the planning of the next IDD. I’m sure with enough input and suggestions this might not happen again… :(

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
When we first announced the event six weeks ago registration was $30.00 for our customers, a VERY reasonable price in our opinion to attend a track such as Summit MotorSports Park prepped to the hilt and ready for action so we are not sure that argument is valid.
Yes i agree, IF it was actually $30. As you said that was for YOUR customers who had spent at least $100 throughout the year. So it was really $130 += tax and shipping. Those of us that did not paid $60 + tax, but that is splitting hairs.

Since you still have the date can you chop it down to something Scott did a few years back? 1 lane fully prepped and 20 cars? Some of us still want to race and set new PBs and records.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I wouldn't say cost is the factor, for me at least. I would drop $100 to run my best times of the year. The poblem I have is that this time conflicts with nursing school, and I would like to grad and get a nice full-time job. I am sure everyone has an excuse, but some people might not have been able to make it because of scheduling conflicts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They do have T&T that day if memory serves.
This sucks, but I understand!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Those of us that did not paid $60 + tax, but that is splitting hairs.
Anyone who's ever attended any of the last nine IDD events understands that the level of traction provided is easily worth $100 or more to the fastest guys, so I don't think the '$30 or $60 was too much' argument holds any water here. Sorry. :icon_redf

Since you still have the date can you chop it down to something Scott did a few years back? 1 lane fully prepped and 20 cars?
For the last few IDD's, we've continued to battle declining attendance while offering increased prizes and incentives. IDD was never a profit making event for us. If we broke even we were plenty happy, since the entire community was benefitting. Unfortunately, we're just no longer in a position where we can afford to eat the amount of money lost when we try to offer an event like this. Sorry again. :pissed:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Scott you know thats not what I ment on paying $60. Todd made it sound like it only cost $30 per racer and we still didnt have enough. I have definetly paid more for a very very well prepped track and have contributed in the past for extra VHT.

So that is a no on a small track day like you have done in the past?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Had the time off. wanted to see what the car would do after the two mods I did to it. Oh well. Just have to wait. That is ok.

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Todd made it sound like it only cost $30 per racer and we still didnt have enough. I have definetly paid more for a very very well prepped track and have contributed in the past for extra VHT.
Actually what I said was that people may post that price was the issue with the turnout and what Scott and I are saying is that we don't believe that to be the case.

So that is a no on a small track day like you have done in the past?
We are not entertaining this idea at this time.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts