61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I posted the info last week on the Diesel Place. :knight:

·
Registered
26 Posts
The track prep is significantly better than most rentals as well and this costs money. RWD cars have a launch advantage that is good even on tracks with mild prep. FWD cars must have awesome track prep in order to get the launches we need for great times. You will find no better track prep anywhere for a FWD event for this community than at INTENSE Drag Day.

People want to get good times and expect them at IDD's. The reason everyone gets their best times (including our competition) at INTENSE Drag Day is because we spare no expense when it comes to prepping the track.
I understand this...and the cost. The BG rental preps to the 1/8 twice. However, money talks for most people especially when burning a vacation day on top of it. So if participation is a problem that's really the only variable you can change.

FWIW, what we do is to get multiple sponsors to keep the drivers costs as low as possible. Because of this our spring rental only cost each driver $25...so it's not suprising that we always get 90 cars signed up with others on the waiting list. ...and a good number of these are FWD cars this fall.

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I understand this...and the cost. The BG rental preps to the 1/8 twice. However, money talks for most people especially when burning a vacation day on top of it. So if participation is a problem that's really the only variable you can change.

FWIW, what we do is to get multiple sponsors to keep the drivers costs as low as possible. Because of this our spring rental only cost each driver $25...so it's not suprising that we always get 90 cars signed up with others on the waiting list. ...and a good number of these are FWD cars this fall.

INTENSE Drag Day's has always been our event and we have always covered the track rental and costs. We have never asked sponsors to help pay for those portions only to provide prizes which went straight to the people who attended.

$30.00 is not that far off from $25.00 and it would stand to reason that those people for whome money was an issue would have signed up during that rate break. We wanted to show our customers that we appreciate them and gave them the best deal. Those people who never support us and only show up to race because we have the best track conditions (including our competition) are going to pay a bit more this time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'll be signing up after this friday (payday).

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would love to come, but thats a long.....long..... way to drive on 3.69 gears. I'll see what I can do though, I know if I find a way to go I have at least one, or maybe a couple more cars that will be joining me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Todd,
How many have signed up to race as of today?
Just mildly curious.

Also, can you post who has signed up?

Thanks...

·
Registered
51 Posts
We have about 25 signed up and we will post the racer information as we get close to the event.
I dunno, 25 signed up for 5+ weeks out isn't that bad IMHO.
People are prolly trying to figure out what event to go to (IDD, or MGM)
Since they are on the same weekend.

I would expect the attendance numbers to spike later in the month.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just a thought; INTENSE is a sponsor on Cobaltss.net and this rental wasn't posted there as it has been in the past. There are Cobalts racing at Dragway 42 test & tunes pretty frequently I'd think you'd want to pick those guys up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was planning on attending IDDX but having some trans issues, I dont have the resources to get another trans right now. I'm babying right until i get another trans. But would have loved to have gone to it.

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Just a thought; INTENSE is a sponsor on Cobaltss.net and this rental wasn't posted there as it has been in the past. There are Cobalts racing at Dragway 42 test & tunes pretty frequently I'd think you'd want to pick those guys up.
Interesting, this was posted there. I'll look into it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I dunno, 25 signed up for 5+ weeks out isn't that bad IMHO.
People are prolly trying to figure out what event to go to (IDD, or MGM)
Since they are on the same weekend.

I would expect the attendance numbers to spike later in the month.
I believe MGM is on a different weekend, since INTENSE is sponsoring that as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting, this was posted there. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Todd, don't know when you posted it there but if you did I didn't see it and can't find it. Might want to try posting again. Just figured I would give you a heads up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I will be there this fall. I won't be able to make it to MG because I have a bachlerette party Saturday night.

I am still waiting to hear from my boss to have that Friday off. But it should be a problem. I won't be at the track till after math class on Friday maybe around 11:30 or so. Not sure if I am staying the night Friday night because I have to be at work at 8am Saturday.

But I will be there with my floppy ear hat on :icon_razz Ready to watch some racing!!!!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I will be there this fall. I won't be able to make it to MG because I have a bachlerette party Saturday night.

I am still waiting to hear from my boss to have that Friday off. But it should be a problem. I won't be at the track till after math class on Friday maybe around 11:30 or so. Not sure if I am staying the night Friday night because I have to be at work at 8am Saturday.

But I will be there with my floppy ear hat on :icon_razz Ready to watch some racing!!!!!
You should take your truck down the track.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Idd X

went to the track last night and cant wait to get some runs in at IDD. hey tim , todd and scott sorry about the shirt:icon_redf

61 - 80 of 84 Posts