3800Pro Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
see thats what i would like to see. no big prizes, just good track prep.
dont call it a IDD call it an Intense appreciation day. let the drivers set up their own brackets and winnings. we just need to find out what would be the bare min. on cost. it might be smart to not have it the same weekend as MGM that way people will come.

Rogue do you have current costs of what a spring rental would be?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
see thats what i would like to see. no big prizes, just good track prep.
dont call it a IDD call it an INTENSE appreciation day.
We've tried a Customer Appreciation Day, where we gave 50% discounts to our customers. We've also tried a 'no frills, just traction' day too. Each time we got tons of commitments and hardly any signups. We're sorry it's come to this, but we don't have any more events planned at this time. :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
It is a shame to see this premier event come to an end...
I guess now that MGM will have to take on that title.
Let's get behind MGM and support it....

·
Registered
216 Posts
:icon_sad: wow.. this sucks, we look forward to IDD every year, and havent missed one since we got the Imp
Sad to see it go, but understadable from a business stand point.
I'm gonna miss casa fiesta :( lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well that sucks, here ive been on the phone all day today actually trying to line up buying another trailer so one GTP doesnt have to follow me anymore to Ohio from NJ lol. I even tried to sneak the thought of a 34 footer 5th wheel trailer into Rachels mindset so i can put both cars on but she didnt like that idea :p

It sucks that with the hundreds of thousands Grand Prix, Montes, Impalas, Regals etc all with the same supercharged setups, that so few people sign up for big events like this. Yet i know where the companies are comming from, heck, Im one of the only ones from NJ, MD, NYC or East PA/philly area that ever go to them and honestly were not that far.

Most GTP owners dont own trucks, trailers or daily drivers, they race their supercharged grand prix daily driver and mod the crap out of it haha. You ever see an SVT, Corvette, Mustang, Fbody day? The whole crowd has their cars trailered in from every local state, hundreds of them.

I guess the average racer crowd for these cars either relies on them as their DD and when they cant anymore because of age/millage/mods/dependability for a family car, they sell it and go a different route. Most don't keep them and use them as theyre "toy" car.

We have a Mach 1 mustang now too but its stock and will stay that way for a little while. I put parts on my truck already, but wont race it.

If Intense doesnt have a big showing for 3800 cars, why not get more into the other cars, cobalts, mustangs, fbodies, gtos, vettes etc? If they had a Intense Day for all of the groups combined, surely you'd get a lot more guys comming out for a well prepped outting.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah I agree that its too bad this event just wasnt working out and less members were showing up. Norwalk is in my opinion the stickiest track around and I have been to my share of tracks around the surrounding states. It just costs too much to set up an event and then not meet the minimum entrants to put on the show just to break even on it. All tracks always have practice and bracket racing and some clubs just gather up a number of guys and make a road trip at the same time which all in all isnt so bad as you have a lot of other cars on the track heating it up instead of a lot of fwd street tire cars. I was really hoping to make it with a few cars to the IDD this spring as a few customers and friends have really been waiting for an event at a good track to pop up and I have always favored Norwalk but ohh well its on to the next track for now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I dont know about OH but here in STL MO we have lotta guys who rent the track out and for us 20-people @ 125.00 =2500 and it still wont cover half...

it cost a lot to run a track thats why most dont stay open for long but we have Midnight Madness 20 bucks a person 10 bucks to watch with over 1000 people easy !!!!! with like 200-300 in racers.thats 6k just for racers + they sell food and race gas ect... so its an easy 15k night maybe even 20k

The new prices this year even went up 25 to race and 15 to watch...... but we will still go to see the slow honda's and want-to/be rock bands and hip-hop foke's and every kid whos 16 runing the **** out of there dads pickup truck and moms new honda accord v6 lol!

Us little drag racer's arent **** but to keep the doors open for big event like NHRA and out Nascar events .

track prep
lights
people to run the track
saftey crew
cleanup crew
ticket printout + people for that ect... alot goes into this guys.

Maybe your track in OH need's to comeup with something like this we get a lot of people who come down for big money from Chi-town even people comeing from TX for thease events then after the event is over run for some big dollars out on the street with quite a bit of VHT down.

Even the local Police get to make some money every now and then so it helps the whole city out.:icon_roll

·
Registered
24 Posts
wow...I'm stunned and saddened to hear this. I've always looked forward to the spring event and just logged on to see what was going on since I hadn't had the time yet to register etc.

No IDD this year!?!?!? damn...that just plain sucks. :icon_cry:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
wow...I'm stunned and saddened to hear this. I've always looked forward to the spring event and just logged on to see what was going on since I hadn't had the time yet to register etc.

No IDD this year!?!?!? damn...that just plain sucks. :icon_cry:
Look what the cat dragged out! MMMMM, champaigne beige! :8

·
Registered
24 Posts
Look what the cat dragged out! MMMMM, champaigne beige! :8
heh, the UNY boyz call it mad MUD GTP :icon_lol: It does keep the dirt down and is non-conformist.

gonna miss all you youngins at IDD this spring...we had some good times:8

·
Registered
242 Posts
gonna miss all you youngins at IDD this spring...we had some good times:8
yeah your cars always dirty! Rachel was gonna show ya her new car too, since i wasnt going to have a double car trailer and i have to rebuild her trans, it doesnt have much clutches left to be racing with her recent GTP mods.... its a plain color like your car, but darker!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts