3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
We set up the dates for IDD almost a year in advance. Unfortunately, due to the poor showing at the last few events and due to the underwhelming response we have had during signups lately we have decided to no longer host INTENSE Drag Days so the date is invalid.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh, danm it....

Now that I get the swap car done.

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
We are simply no longer in a position to continually lose money on these events and every signup seems to have less and less interest. We feel we can better allocate resources to bringing new and exciting product to the community and we have not ruled out a private track rental for sometime next year.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We are simply no longer in a position to continually lose money on these events and every signup seems to have less and less interest. We feel we can better allocate resources to bringing new and exciting product to the community and we have not ruled out a private track rental for sometime next year.
WOW
I am stunned....totally stunned
What a shame.

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
Damn that really sucks:icon_sad: .I was really looking forward to IDD this spring.
Does this mean that INTENSE will once again be a sponsor of MGM in April?
Our options remain open and we had a great time at MGM so that will certainly be at the top of our list :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Couple thoughts-

1) have you thought of another track. I know that Norwalk is good good track, but what about Tri-state, Edgewater, National Trails, to name a few.
The cost might off set the lack of entrants.

2) have you thought about requiring "x" number of entrys pre paid to confirm the event?

No pressure. Just thoughts. I love those events.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
The problem is that people all get on here and say how they are building a car for IDD or that they are 110% coming, then when the time comes to pay up, they have 110 different reason as to why they can't come. And I've seen this at other events too, so it’s not just the 3800 guy’s and gal’s. Most other track rental events get away with it because they do things like only open 1 lane or only prep 1 lane or open 2 lanes and don't pay much for track prep which could be okay depending on how you look at it. (I’ve attended a few events like that) On one hand you get to attend the event and its better then a test and tune, but on the other hand you may not get to line up next to anyone or the track prep is crap.
I know from experience that INTENSE takes great pride in everything they do and when they put their name to an event and their reputation on the line they expect it to be great! so hosting an event with poor track prep or only 1 lane isn’t their style. With 90% of the community being FWD you need the best prep as possible to rip off great 60’s and set new PB’s that’s what made IDD so great! But all of those little things cost $$$$. I know to most people they don’t really think about that or in some cases they don’t care (And as a consumer / attendee I guess you shouldn’t really have too). I know INTENSES’ motto is “Don’t Make Excuses, Make Horsepower” and they pride themselves on customer service, but their second motto should be “Do it right or go home”. I know this is a disappointment to a lot of us myself included, but I can see where they are coming from. I wouldn’t say there is anyone to blame for it, I think it’s just how it is.
:goodnight
R.I.P
IDD
April 12, 2002
April 29, 2007
(For now anyway)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, I bet you could let the masses make the choice.

Put up a "buy in" for X dollars. See if you can get enough by "x" date. If not return the money and it hurt no one.

But if they dont want to do it. They dont have to. Just a idea as a last chance for the 3800 intense guys.

I really just want the best of show award anyways.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is a disappointment. I always enjoyed going to IDD. Maybe MGM will have a good turn out since, there is only one event this spring.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Whats The Mgm Site.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Well, I bet you could let the masses make the choice.

Put up a "buy in" for X dollars. See if you can get enough by "x" date. If not return the money and it hurt no one.

But if they dont want to do it. They dont have to. Just a idea as a last chance for the 3800 intense guys.

I really just want the best of show award anyways.
i agree. i bet we could get at least 20 to put money right now.....and its january

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I will put money down right now...couldn't go in the fall because of nursing school BS, but as long as it is on a weekend you can count me in. I just found out gateway international in St louis doesn't open till sometime in MAY

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to hear this news :icon_sad:
INTENSE has always put on a first class event with IDD and it will be missed. We were hoping to get some time in before PINKS too.
If you decide to do a private rental don't forget us ok? You know we're ready to go racin anytime!

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
INTENSE has always lost money putting on an INTENSE Drag Day event. All of the donated prizes (sometimes totalling tens of thousands of dollars) went directly to the participants. We attempted to at least break even on a few events by raising prices to where they needed to be and all we got was flack was for it.

The past few events all started like this. "I'll pay right now", "I've got twenty buddies who want to go", "I'll go" and when it came time to register hardly anyone stepped up to the plate. The last fall IDD we had to cancel because we had something like 14 signups in 4 weeks even after making it pretty cheap for many people (our customers) to attend. It seemed pretty fair to us to reward our customers with a lower price point and have those who don't buy from us, or are known haters, or those who only show up to take advantage of our awesome traction and prizes without supporting us make up the rest of what was needed.

I realize that spring IDD's have better turnouts but as I stated before we are not going to continue losing money on events that we have to struggle to get participation for and seem to get nothing in return. I brought this up last fall when turnout was incredibly light. I suggested that we may not do any more IDD's if registrations didn't pick up. Nobody seemed to mind then.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Forget prizes, and forget the show and all that other stuff. If you just take a normal track rental and prep it the same and just give everybody an opportunity to race with each other then thats all we really want. If you took the track rental price with prep and divided it between everyone that participates then that would be fine for most of us who travel all the way from far locations just to enjoy good track prep and a time to race with people who have a comon interest.

I understand where INTENSE is coming from in a business standpoint. Just a little disapointed my spring trip to Ohio is no longer.

Personally, I can only attend the spring events. Twice a year is too much. Not so much money but time off from work and travel time etc etc.

·
Registered
979 Posts
i was hopeing to attend last fall's event but yeah it didnt happen. anyways how much does it cost to rent out a track like norwalk for a day with track prep not including prizes? just curious to c

1 - 20 of 32 Posts