3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of replacing LIM and UIM gaskets and noticed this small 1 1/2 spacer?.. lying in the LIM after taking off the UIM. Does anyone know where this goes? Thank you in advance pic below.

·
Administrator
1,249 Posts
Don't see a pic, but I'm guessing if you're talking about a regular Series II 3800, it could be a HVII (high velocity intake insert). It was an upgrade ZZP made in a couple forms for a few years in the mid-2000's (new version is supposed to be for sale soon).

The older version (HVII) mounted like a spacer under the UIM, while the HV3 was fully tucked inside the UIM in place of the original runner birdcage. (Called HV3 because the two "i's" were mistaken as a Roman 2, so they ran with it for updates, and new one will probably be called HV4).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is something like this what you see in your LIM? This is the HVII/HV3 dezl is speaking about
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Rectangle Automotive exterior

On a side note its interesting to hear about the "HV4" being developed. It seemed like they were basically done with the 3800 cars for awhile now

·
Administrator
1,249 Posts
The HVII (2) was a larger machined plastic base plate under those port openings, which is simplified in the HV3 (what you pictured, and what I have). They've mentioned an HV4 in their podcast on YT a few times in the past year, so I'd expect it on sale in 6-12mo.

They focus more on the newer small GM engine crowd than 3800's for a few reasons: they're the only large vendor left for 3800's, owners of their other platforms aren't as loyal/limited, 3800 products/market peaked as far as performance and they offer more than what most customers ever require, most employees (especially the social media ones) arrived after the 3800 peak years and only focus on the other platforms, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts