3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Monte Carlo ss 3.8 engine would like replace mount how many lower engine mounts do i need and transmission mounts hydraulic

·
Super Moderator
883 Posts
There's one under the engine on the passenger side of the engine cradle (between oil pan and crank pulley)...

...and one attached to the driver's side of the transmission that bolts to that side of the engine cradle.

If you jack up the front and pull the wheels off, you can see them from the side (may need to remove splash panel, as well).

(Tweaked a pic from Google)

ALL mounts sold by stores/aftermarket that are black/rubber are NOT solid, regardless of description. Only all-metal or full poly mounts are solid, but the regular $20-30 ones from any store work fine.

I made a video of DIY poly mounts last year, if you want to see me tinker with some store-bought ones. Some other videos of removal/install methods are out there, too. It'll either require lifting the engine 2-3" or dropping the cradle 2-3" to get each side out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's one under the engine on the passenger side of the engine cradle (between oil pan and crank pulley)...

...and one attached to the driver's side of the transmission that bolts to that side of the engine cradle.

If you jack up the front and pull the wheels off, you can see them from the side (may need to remove splash panel, as well).

View attachment 11212

(Tweaked a pic from Google)

ALL mounts sold by stores/aftermarket that are black/rubber are NOT solid, regardless of description. Only all-metal or full poly mounts are solid, but the regular $20-30 ones from any store work fine.

I made a video of DIY poly mounts last year, if you want to see me tinker with some store-bought ones. Some other videos of removal/install methods are out there, too. It'll either require lifting the engine 2-3" or dropping the cradle 2-3" to get each side out.

So there is to lower engine mounts on each side and there's two transmission mounts correct I know the two on top of the engine

·
Registered
1998 GTP coupe. All stock and rust free. That will change soon.
103 Posts
no, there is one engine mount and one transmission mount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts