3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to think I have begun to make some decent power with this car lately and in the event of doing so have blown yet another front trans to subframe motor mount. I bought it new about 15K ago * I drive alot * and with the power and track passes the thing is sloppy as can be. I am seeing motor movements in the 3 or so inch range under load.

SO, I know some stronger mounts have been made out there... bringem on! Scott, any chance of seeing a limited run of hard or polly mounts for our cars? I'd like to replace the two wheel well mounts as well, they are just as bad. My SLP headers now hit in reverse due to the slop... grr.

Any ideas or input would be great.. the GP mount system is much better than this one... the top half of the motor gets too much momentum for these mounts to handle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I built my own solid front motor mount and it has removed most of the engine flex.

I made mine out of aluminized plastic and used 2 half inch neoprene spacers with 3" cup washers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Care to make one for me???? :) Or gimmie a list of where and how much the parts are/were?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts