3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking a poll to see if it really matters if the IAT sensor could be installed after the MAF sensor....Its temepture. Sould it matter?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Should be before the MAF, only because you want the MAF as close to the TB as you can get it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ron Vogel said:
Should be before the MAF, only because you want the MAF as close to the TB as you can get it.
Why do you want it as close as possible to the TB, Ron?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Throttle respose is crisper. MAF can respond to changes in airflow much more rapidly. If it is a foot or two away from the tb (for example) As the throttle blade opens, all the air between the MAF and the TB must be drawn into the tb before it will draw a vacumm at the MAF. In that meantime, the maf is reading a lower grams per second, and will not send the PCM correct info to fuel correctly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to work on trucks. Im going to see if there is 3 1/2" exhaust tubing so I can custom fab up a nice intake. I cant remember the sizes.

Im still trying to figure out why WPI Dave sent me a rubber pipe union 3" ID when the TB ID as at least 3 1/2". No biggy though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ron Vogel said:
I thought the temp sensor should be as close to the filter as possible, so it reads lower temps at the filter, instead of more heated near the TB.

Colder intake temps mean better advance?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lav74 said:
I thought the temp sensor should be as close to the filter as possible, so it reads lower temps at the filter, instead of more heated near the TB.

Yup...Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
lav74 said:

yes yes yes!

lets have our IATs read false information!

if you send me 20 bucks in the mail i'll make your IAT read it's 20 below 0 if you want. i mean why would you want an accurate measure of the air's temp anyways right. i mean it's not like it effects much.

right.

the best place to put it is where it most accuractly reads the air temp, not where it's the coldest.

·
Registered
467 Posts
MP112 ROB said:
Yup...Thanks.
Ehh, yes, but not much. As long as IAT's aren't really high, it won't affect spark all that much. IAT's also come into play with torque management, and fueling a bit, but not too much. The only really good reason to spoof the IAT, is if you have altered the air temp spark tables to accomidate a happy knob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts