3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I inherited a 3800 series II swap into a '72 Datsun 510 4 door. She's about ready to fire up for the first time, but we do not have a dipstick tube! I got one from a FWD Le Baron 3800 series II, but amazingly, it does not fit.
Does anyone have a Dipstick tube and Dipstick for rear wheel drive 3800 series II application? I am still stunned that they are this different!

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
CHRYSLER LEBARON 3.8 is not a GM 3800. Try a Camaro 3800 dip stick tube

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops, it was a Buick le Sabre, but anyway, I think you're right, I need to just get a Camaro part. I cant find any Camaro's in our local "automotive recycling center", and they say that Dipstick tubes are not listed as a separate part...

·
Registered
612 Posts
you could try Morad parts company, they carry GM3800 parts.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Morad didn't have an oil dipstick tube....

"sales <[email protected]>
Jul 13 (1 day ago)

to me
nothing here. sorry

Morad Parts Company
3455 W. 140th st. (on service rd)
Cleveland, ohio 44111
open m-F 9am-5pm
216-671-3736"

·
Registered
849 Posts
Did you try the local dealership??? You could also get out the yellow pages and call the local junk yards and try a couple of auto trans shops.......... Jake

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, thanks! The dealer gave me a nice parts printout picture, but cannot order the part, anymore...and junkyards don't list it as a separate part!
I have bought one on ebay, for a later (2000) Camaro. .I am hopeful it'll fit my '96 ..I understand the manifold is the only difference.
I chopped the stock manifold into 6 pieces to make a temporary exhaust system for now!
Thanks again. ..nearly ready to test start!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts