3800Pro Forums banner

I fear I may have ruined a fuel injector

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dezldave961 
#1 ·
Hey there! I’m very new to this so please go easy on me! I have a Pontiac Grand Prix 2008 base and I was taking the fuel rail off but one of the injectors was a bit stubborn. So I tried from all angles and gently wiggling it until I decided to go full force and well... this cap or covering came off and was stuck inside the lower intake, I finally got it out but now it won’t go back tightly on the injector 😅 is my injector screwed?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You may be OK to put a small dab of glue/epoxy around the top plastic edge, and reassemble. It's a cover that was either glued or friction welded to the top part.

If you get misfires on a light test drive, then you'll know if it needs replacing.

Reactions: WilliamE
#4 ·
Good luck. In the future, try dripping some oil to soak around the o-rings in the heads for a little while prior to removal. You can also double your chances of having an easier time by pulling the clips from the rail first to enable stubborn ones to identify themselves by staying put (fuel pressure relieved, some will still come out, so position shop rags). This can give you more flexibility when pulling them individually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.