3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there anyone who hasn't lost power from the HVII? I read a lot of threads claiming loss of power and slower et's. I know you're supposed to have enough supporting mods to see gains. It's not recommended as a first mod. I spoke with Zoomer about this and he said that a CSC/HVII setup is a perfect combo. That is what I have. I also spoke with Matt(STattama) and he said he gained 2mph with the insert. The HVII only went in two weeks ago so I havn't dyno'd yet. I never raced my car previous so I can't really give before and after comparisons, but I'm happy with the insert. Anyone care to chime in with their positive experiences? Any csc users? Negatives are welcome as well, but frankly I think I've read them all :rolleyes:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have had it since I was NA and haven't complained yet on 'lack of power'. Its done me good and from my dyno, the power doesn't die off as fast in the high revs either.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I MUST KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT!!! I too have read about negative results. More specifically, losing lowend power. I have also heard this wouldnt be the case with proper supporting modifications. Is any of this true?

Problems Thread @ http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=1843026&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

Also, I heard the Aluminum L27 intake manifold is borable to fit various throttle bodies (unlike the L36 plastic manifold which needed an adapter plate). I heard the HVII would be great with it due to its ability to weld together, but would the manifold restrict Intake Insert flow? Is it also possible to bore/port the intire intake manifold to allow more airflow?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts