3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should the IAC's be at during idle with the ZZP HVII? Low 20's is considered a leak, right, but I heard that they will sometimes go low with an aftermarket cam. Any truth to this? What is the desired count with or without a cam?

What are the negatives of a leak?

Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
k0bun said:
What should the IAC's be at during idle with the ZZP HVII? Low 20's is considered a leak, right, but I heard that they will sometimes go low with an aftermarket cam. Any truth to this? What is the desired count with or without a cam?

What are the negatives of a leak?

Thanks
from my understanding the IAC will be a little lower with a cam, but not as low as 20, that is a definte leak, with my car my IAC ranges from 40-50, but i still actually have a slight leak.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At idle my IAC's jump around a little. It hit a low of 28 at one point but will go up to 35 and higher still at idle with no revs. While driving it goes up of course but idle is around the 28-35 range. this is probably a leak, isn't it? :mad: It's starting to get cold here in jersey. I don't want to be screwing around with this now. I have a cam, headers, and a csc. TB too but that doesn't count because the HVII is after it. Could any of these make it low? Please. :eek:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I didn't spray carb cleaner, but I will tomorrow. The car should be running while spraying right? (stupid question) I let it sit for about 20 hours before I started it. I don't know if maybe the boost from the csc caused a leak or what. Who knows maybe I don't even have a leak. :rolleyes: I guess the best way is to test with the carb cleaner. Any other thoughts guys?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Buck, do you have an HVII or a cam? At WOT mine are around 133. I'm going to check for a leak with carb cleaner today. We'll see.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I sprayed the cleaner and found two small leaks. Then just for the hell of it I checked all the bolts. They were loser than this chick I used to know in highschool ;) I was able to tighten them all by hand :eek: I took the fuel rail off and tightened them all back down again. I squished some more RTV around the edges for an added seal. I sprayed again and the spots I found leaks at were sealed :D . I will scan the next time I get a chance but I'm pretty sure that was the problem. I never thought to treat the bolts the same you do with headers and exhaust. Let them heat up and tighten them again. Anyway thanks for all the info and help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.