3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need a solution for this: I'm working with a L36/4t65 combo from a 1999 Olds Intrigue. Everything (pcm included) is stock. The car does not start and I can't do a "read entire" from the scanner to look at the pcm. HPT says the security code is not valid Using the HPT Scanner, I can record a log, but I can only see MAP, IAT, and ECT (which are all correct) and HPT says the motor is from a 1999 Olds Alero 4 cylinder.

This motor has been put into a Fiero along with its harness. I have pin 2 from the data link connector going directly into C1-59 of the ecm. The data link connector has power and is grounded properly, I don't think it's necessary, but I have the UART wire connecting the data connector to the pcm. Isn't that just for air bags? The pcm also has power at pins C1-19 and C1-20 (Blue connector).

The car turns over and will run momentarily on starter fluid. It has spark, compression, fuel even comes out of the injectors, but I don't believe it's enough to run the motor, I need to see what's going on in the pcm.

Thanks for any hints.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts