3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HP Tuner -vs- mini AFC?

Here is what I have: 4'' INTENSE tubing FWI, 180 stat, AL 104's @.050, 3.4MPS, 3'' DP no cat, Borla Catback

I use a Nordskog digial AF gauge that reads #'s (no colored lights) 0.00 - 1.00mv. I have been seeing my gauge read 0.87 at WOT pretty regularly and tonight saw it get down to 0.84 at WOT @80mph.

I have the HP Tuner but can't scan it until tomorrow. If I scan 02's around 870 at WOT tomorrow, how do I use the HP Tuner to richen this up at WOT.

OR in other words how do I use the HP Tuner to replace say an AFC 2.0

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The only fuel control change I have made is changing
PE Fuel Base vs ECT

from 12.300-12.400 at 104* - 212*
to 12.100 at 104* - 212*

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I really didn't expect to get an answer but anyhow, let me ask a different way....

Yes or NO Does an AFC just manipulate the MAF table?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
o2's didn't look to bad on scan. Started around 940 and drop off to 910 by 3rd gear. It appears as if my KR starts as the o2's start to get into the 920's. I still only saw a blip of 2*KR max with a cool blower and ECT's at 130* and IAT's at 43*. It also appeared as though the KR was about 2* worse once the blower was hot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
dayday said:
o2's didn't look to bad on scan. Started around 940 and drop off to 910 by 3rd gear. It appears as if my KR starts as the o2's start to get into the 920's. I still only saw a blip of 2*KR max with a cool blower and ECT's at 130* and IAT's at 43*. It also appeared as though the KR was about 2* worse once the blower was hot.
Why is your car so cold? You don't hit closed loop until like 140 degrees. I would also be concerned if you are tuning it cold, because it would spark knock more when hot.

Your 02 readings should not be getting leaner. I would get on a wideband and find out what your a/f is and use that to add fuel in the PE vs RPM section. If you can't get it any richer, then you might be out of fuel.

-Geoff

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The last scan I did was after work at 11p so I just let it warm up to 130* and then scanned it. I'm going to do some more today at 180*.
Thanks for the response
I took a second look at the scan and by the time of the scan ECT's were 144*-151*
I can email a full WOT scan to anyone that may want to take a peek.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts