3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! My first thread ever! I'll just jump right in then. I have a 2,000 3.8 Camaro with a laundry list of parts!!! From top to bottom, cinterforged rods, hypereutectic pistons, MAHLE rings, stattama turbo 4 cam from ZZP, double roller t-chain, etc. honed bblock.fully ported heads(to 1.5"), 180lb valve springs, 80lb injectors on E85, balance shaft delete, m90 sc gutted(basically just a massive intake manifold now lol) with a gt45 turbo bolted to it. It has zzp coils, NGK7 plugs, stock MAF and TB. I put a 2BAR MAP in it but the tune isn't responding which brings me to my issue. The tune! My guy tried a SD tune but it doesn't like it much.

· Administrator
1,530 Posts
Solid start to the build. I'd go back to the original 1bar MAP (3800 N/A PCM's don't like being converted, since all the necessary tables to change aren't properly mapped in the tuner software). Also, 3800 PCM tables aren't as capable as LS tables to enable functional SD tunes. The MAF drives all the necessary adjustment once everything else it set-up. You'll probably also need an AFC from ZZP to skew the MAF chart down a bit once turning it up.

Also, to monitor boost, just add a gauge inside. I have to do this to see anything over 14.5psi, anyways. Block both PCV passages, too, as they're not useful in turbo configuration.

Look forward to seeing you get this further along.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts