3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be able to use the headlight control knob the way I should be able to, where if it's all the way in, I have no headlights on even if its night. When I pull it one click out, just the parking lights come on. If I pull it out 3 times, the low beams come on.

I don't know why GM even bothered to put the headlight switch on there if it doesn't do anything. It's like they're taunting you.

I heard buying a switch from Mexico will fix it, but I can't see that working since I'm pretty sure it's the computer which decides when the lights should be on...

I don't care about the DRL's either... If it's day and I WANT to have my headlights on, I'd rather they were dim anyways. I don't want them on full blast all day for nothing. So please, don't tell me how to get around the DRL's since that won't fix my problem and it will actually cause more of a headache than what I've got now.:icon_cry:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
on my 97 gtp i pulled the drl fuse and it disable the automatic headlights also. i have hid lights so i just turn them on at night

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
my fuse was in the passenger compartment, i just looked up the wiring diagram for your car and it is setup differently than my 97 gtp. so i dont think it will work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, I've heard so far that the only 2 things you could do to bypass are either to pull the DRL relay and bend-over or cut-off pin 87a or 87b (whichever is in the middle) and then put it back and the DRLs stay off but you get no error. The second way is to buy an $80 bypass harness that allows you to switch the DRL's and ALC on or off independently whenever you want, but that's a bit expensive for me and the guy who used to sell them (bbengineer) has closed down his site's store so I guess I don't really have a choice.

I'm going to go to the pull-yard and get a spare DRL fuse to try and mod, and then I'll come back and let everyone know how it went.

Unless someone can give me a diagram of how to build the bypass harness and install it?? :D

EDIT : Well, that was useless. Went and got the relay, cut off pin 87a (the middle one) and plugged it back in and literally nothing was different. And I still haven't heard back from BBEngineer so I doubt I'll be able to get a bypass harness... I'll keep this updated if I figure anything else out. Or unless I can get that wiring diagram!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts