3800Pro Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
very nice

Hi, i have to replace my coupler and have to take off the snout anyway can i use a press insted of a puller?? and use a custom plate behind the pulley and press the shaft out? anyhelp would be appreciated​

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I would recommend against it. I can sell you my old puller(the one in the pictures) if you want, or you can borrow/rent one from either a vendor or a forum member.

·
Registered
128 Posts
how much do you want for it? will you take paypal

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi, I could sell it for ~$60 and I'll split the shipping. It includes the long bar thats in the photos. And I do take PP

·
Registered
136 Posts
iam planning in installing a 3.3 s/c pulley on my monte carlo ss. i was wondering if i could borrow the tool and ill cover all shipping and handle costs? thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Does anyone know of any national chains or vendors that rent them?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used a 4" bearing separator to remove the stock pulley then used a Harbor Fright pulley puller/installer to install the ZZP hub.

And no, didn't bend the OEM pulley.

·
Registered
981 Posts
ZZP has a pulley removal and install kit that works most excellent. I bought one several years ago and it works GREAT!
Mr goodwrench..... Once you get the mounting fixture on the SC shaft, you can easily switch pulleys for what ever size you like for more or less boost. I personally run a 2.75" pulley on my 3800. Puts out approx 14/15 PSI....and hauls a.... !!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts