3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mods are: 3.4 pulley, SLP CAI, ACdelco 1 heat colder plugs,160* t-stat.
I have been experiencing somewhere around 1* to 7* of KR. How can i manage to get rid of that? Now, i think one of my motor mounts might be shot. Is it possible to pul false KR because of that? Also i have a little bit of noise coming from my superchager coupler. Could that be another KR reason? Where is the knock sensor on the engine, so i can change it, if the sensor is bad. Also how hard is it to change the motor mounts?

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
You should at least do the ubend and resonator removal, and possibly a aftermarket down pipe. If it is the coupler that is causing noise, normally it doesn't do it under load, mine was bad, I replaced it with a ZZP. As far as the motor mount, which one do you suspect? The trans mount is much easier to replace than the front engine mount. Since you don't indicate what kind of car, some of this is speculation. Have you replaced the upper mounts with poly mounts? They help with engine movement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a GTP. I have not replaced the upper motor mounts. At list not yet. The ubend and resonator is my next thing. I guess i'll wait and see what happends after that. Downpipe its something that will come in time ;) . Cash is low right now.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The 3.8 has 2 KR sensors and they also act as coolent plugs. So if you remove the sensor, be reeady for that half of the block to drain its coolent.

i would look for things that could cause false KR. Definetly replace the motor mounts with some poly ones. You will be surprised at how much the engine moves when you get on the gas.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don Spiro said:
I have a GTP. I have not replaced the upper motor mounts. At list not yet. The ubend and resonator is my next thing. I guess i'll wait and see what happends after that. Downpipe its something that will come in time ;) . Cash is low right now.
My advise is skip the resonator and do the downpipe.Changing the resonater does absolutly nothing for performance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The price of a ubend and resonator delete vs just the ubend would probably be nothing. The only difference is about 2-3 feet of pipe which should cost, at most, a couple dollars. The only way it help performance is by removing about 20 pounds of weight. The sound difference is hardly noticable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.