3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be pulling out my LSD tomorrow and I remember running into this problem when installing one. To remove the stock one you bang it out using a screwdriver between the OS and pinion shaft. Well in the gen II, there are springs and plates in the way of that space. Anyone have any ideas as how to get it off easily?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a custom INTENSE Gen II LSD Removal Tool made from an old screwdriver. :) lol

Let's just say a grinder, vise, and a little bending were involved in making it.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
How about a "how to"?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Like posted above, it's the same idea. You need to get the snap ring to disengage that is holding the diff in the tranny.

To do this, you use a screwdriver and pop it in there to push the shaft back and disengage the ring. I found this to be difficult, so I used a bent screwdriver to snake around the corner from the passenger side wheel well and push the shaft straight back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, you don't really pull all that hard, once the ring is disengaged, it slides right out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had it for about 5-6k miles and it's done two wheel burnouts everytime. I recently blew a rod out the side of my block so I'm going to demod and sell the car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, be sure to let me know what you want for this when you sell. I will have a spare HD trans laying around any day now with a stock diff in it that I can send to you when you need it. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.