3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My simple water injection is pumping 120mls (4 oz) per minute (static). How does this compare to others using water or water/alky injection?

I have my pressure switch set to switch on at 4psi boost. Is this a common turn on point or could it be set to turn on a bit sooner...say 1 or 2 psi boost?

Just curious what others are using... :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welp....I'm not running WI (yet) but from what I've read most guys running it with an M90 don't have the Hobbs switch set until 6-8psi of boost. I think anything earlier than that would intefere with the burn and cause a drop in HP. Have you tried changing it and scanning/dyno'ing? Nice website btw...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen a few setups come on at just 1-2 psi but most seem to be around the 4-6psi turn on point. I wonder if the lower turn on would help to actually help cool the blower and aircharge earlier rather than try to cool things down later that are at extreme heat? Probably where a dual stage system comes into play by adding a little water early then a secondary jet adds more at higher boost later.

Really curious just how much (volume) per minute other guys are actually using?

Thanks for the compliment on the site Nick :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ravenvtsuper6 said:
Really curious just how much (volume) per minute other guys are actually using?:D
BUMP :) Has nobody actually measured their throughput of water or water/alky? :eek:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I use a progressive system that starts at low rate and ramps up with boost pressure. My turn-on point is 3-4psi.

I tune for no KR and don't really pay attention to the w/i flow rates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts