3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a certain someone :rolleyes: is running lets say 13.1 :rolleyes: and that certain someone :rolleyes: wants to hit a 12.2 how big of a shot does he need to run. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lol.....more than your stock shortblock or tranny could handle!! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:( :( :(

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
If I remember right its about 100whp per second drop when your getting that fast. I would say a 100-125 shot would get you close if you can keep the engine together.

Anyone else's thoughts?

·
Registered
713 Posts
like todd said, it can be done with a 100-125 shot, but i think the first thing to go will be the head gaskets. if you dont have multi-layer steel gaskets those things will blow out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It would take at least a 125 shot, and even then, he would have a HELL of a time getting it down to the ground. So at best, his ET wouldn't be there, but he would have some nice mph.

True, while the headgaskets probably wouldn't last, I don't see the pistons lasting either with that big of a shot. Then there's the tranny..........

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hehe, I agree with what's being said here. Now just imagine how I feel, trying to hit serious amounts of n2o on a car that already runs 11.1. :eek: At least, I'm starting small.

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
o.k. well let me just chime in here........um, i shoot a 150shot wet.......apart form the supporting mods that i've done to prevent a major Kaboom my motor is STOCK and HAS been for a few years! the ONLY internal parts in my car is the INTENSE 3RD GEN. FULL ROLLER ROCKERS. i feel like i can get into the 11's w/o a cam. actually I KNOW i'll get into the 11's this winter, thanks to my new INTENSE trans. parts. (2nd gen LSD,new clutches etc.)I plan on improving my 60ft times!! with 115-117 mph traps i should be there :D

Winston.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i've been running a 125 wet shot on my riv for 4 years now and haven't so much as melted a plug yet, the motor is basicly stock with 2.5 exhaust, 1.9 rockers, open air filter and a 3" pully, autolite 104's, ran over 200 lb's of nitrous in that time, best et has been a [email protected], it runs mid 14's without the n20, 125 seems to be the limit for my set up, a larger shot did not improve the times, i always use torco or 100 oct and have a stock pcm, would not want to run over a 75 shot if i had a pcm that increases timing, the l67 is pretty tough if you don't go lean or try to run a bunch of timing, here is a link with nitrous basics and a jetting guide http://community.webtv.net/nitrousgod/NITROUS101

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hit 12.30's with a 75 wet shot with a zex dryto wet conversion, This set up provides more power than a plane dry or a regular wet set up. I was running 13.30's when I hit 12.33 with a 100 shot. With some further tuning I got the car down to 13.00's a few months later and ran 12.30 and a 12.41 with a 75 shot. I have had better times than many people with far less nitrous.

The zex dry to wet made 100 whp on the dyno with a 75 shot you do the math. The zex dry made exactly 74 hp to the wheels 2 weeks earlier on the same dyno.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
weird! not bad for a 75 shot. maybe ill try that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I run a 100 shot on mine , now it is a series1 (pretty much stock) and I have only run it in the 1/8th but with the 100 shot I ran a 7.597 @88.53mph. someone used a 1/4 et calc on the net (not sure of accuracy) but it showed it to = 11.92 @112.43mph.

·
Registered
14 Posts
11.9 sounds about right for those 1/8th times, how well is your trans taking the series 1, sounds like a fun car, for the other reply please explain why a conversion from dry to wet would make more power than just starting with a wet kit. the l67 will always make a little more power on n20 than the kit is rated for because of the intercooler effect you get from -129* nitrous spraying into the t/b

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wiston, I fogot to ask you on the phone if your heads have ever been off?

ps. I got a ZZP complete sg2 kit w/ 6K miles form INTERCOOLEDL67 for $600 should be here this week. So looks like I'm not going to
75(+)? hp. I only going the 45hp gain :( I hope thats "fast enogh" for me for a while?

·
Registered
2 Posts
dont listen to the mis informaion dude

listen bro, your engine will handle a 125 shot no problem, just use a NOS brand small fogger sstem, run it rich on the fuel side (should have some black fuel smoke from exhaust)to be safe and you ought to see at least a second better time, ive been building engines and using nitrous since 1982,and most of the info you have just been given like blowin up is crap from non experience!
nos is safe if lean cond. is avoided!

avoid dem BS kids!
been dere,done.....................................................(mi ke bord has problems w/ some le_ _ ers lmao! i ha7e 7ha7

·
Registered
92 Posts
well not sure i have noise in left rear not sure if it is CV joint or trans... after pulling joints apart im starting to worry about the trans. I am running the 4t60ehd from the bonneville I dont think it likes the extra stress.
asfar as hp differance in wet /dry kit I have no idea I guess you were asking dvld. I have had people tell me differances or gains between the 2 but I honestly do not see it. I have always used wet kits that way i know it is getting fuel.

·
Registered
124 Posts
all this talk about GTPs, what about us GTers? how much can our engine handle safely, im thinking the tranny is more of a problem than the engine, but im just wondering

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ran a 50 shot, and it gave me 8 tenths. I had a DHP 1.0 with stock timing to be on the safe side.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts