3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how much boost most people run on and off track?

i run 13-14 psi all the time.... sometimes this makes me nervous but recently i have seen several post where people are running 18-20 psi non intercooled

just curious what you are running .. and intercooled or not

do you think it would be catostrophic if i ran 16psi-18psi on the track?

·
Registered
238 Posts
crab daddy said:
just wondering how much boost most people run on and off track?

i run 13-14 psi all the time.... sometimes this makes me nervous but recently i have seen several post where people are running 18-20 psi non intercooled

just curious what you are running .. and intercooled or not

do you think it would be catostrophic if i ran 16psi-18psi on the track?
it all depends if you have the modifications to handle it, as far as tranny and engine work, but an intercooler increases you chances of being able to do that, but i will let someone with more experience chime in

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my basic mods are

s1x cam
intense s1 pcm
map ic
wpi s2 blower
modified zzp s1 tb
tog headers
rt cat to a cut out

right now im running 13-14psi

after seeing how much boost pdh and merc are running (and a couple others) i wonder if it would be ok if i ran that kinda boost on the track also (with race gas)

everyone has always told me that we wanted to be around 10-12psi

i am also curious about how much boost the rest of you guys run...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I am running 10-11psi.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ALL of the cars your seeing with high boost numbers are genV's (except merc and his isn't THAT high). I serously doubt you can attain the 18-20psi numbers without a genV or with as little kr.

·
Registered
225 Posts
isn't it true that most of the 'fastest' GP's are running right around 12-13# of boost?
its not high boost that makes u fast but using the boost you do have to its highest potential..ie no boost stacking...
i should be around 12 with my S1 cam 1/75 rockers, headers,3.0

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i always thought that we wanted to keep the boost down to keep heat and detonation down.. which is why most run 10-12 (so i assumed)

recently i have read that

merc was running 17psi (12.1 non intercooled)
rowdy was running 18-20psi (11.4 non intercooled)
pimpdaddyshouse was running 17-18psi (11.5? non intercooled)

i would still like to find more info on who is running what kinda boost

it does make sense that rowdy and pdh are both running genV though

im thinking that i may try some stuff next time out.. maybe run 16psi and try a 11-12psi run on the same day to see what happens

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks to the guys that answered... i think im gonna throw some extra boost at this thing and see what happens (hopefully i wont blow a hole in a piston in the process)... ill also see what happens with a little less boost (who knows maybe it will make more power)

out of curiosity, what kinda o2s do you run with that much boost?

i normally run around .910 on the track... should i fatten that up a little if i increase boost?

·
Registered
105 Posts
"Too much boost" is the point where you get knock.

As long as your not getting knock, keep piling the boost on, you dont lose power with more boost until detonation starts.

Mat

edit: Forgot to add i run 14.5 Lbs boost on a home ported Gen3 Non-intercooled, No Kr through first on pump gas, and a few degrees at the top of second (6000-6300rpm) due to completely static injectors and a dying fuel pump.

This is on 1.9s, LS1 tb, Headers, Full exhaust 3" home ported blower, Trapped 103mph with just those mods (and the little supporting mods) in almost 100* and 2800 ft DA, Tell me im not making alot of power with lots of boost, and lots of RPM :eek: :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.