3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2003 monte carlo with a 3800 series 2 on a 50-60mm turbo, stock internals, no cat, no muffler, stock resenator, bigger fuel pump, and stock trans. it's currently making 330hp i believe on like maybe 8psi of boost. how much power can i push out of the motor before blow it up?

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
You'll most likely just push out a head gasket as you get above 15-20psi of boost, if the fuel system and tuning are done properly, and the engine is setup to effectively use it (pcv blocked to not pressurize bottom end, etc.). These engines greatly benefit from upgraded cams and valvetrain as you try to make much past 300hp, although a turbo can get you to 400 on a bone stock engine hanging its tongue out.

I'd just pluck away at putting supporting items in the drivetrain that will make it last. If your goal is to just push it until it breaks, you can just go out and beat on it blindly until that happens. 🤷‍♂️ These engines only pop if the user does something wrong, otherwise stock block/crank/rods/pistons/heads/etc. have survived 600-800hp with the right effort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts