3800Pro Forums banner

How does an LS1 TB need to be modded to work?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FastGS88 
#1 ·
I am looking into getting a LS1 Throttlebody and wanted to know what modifications besides a throttlebody adapter and MAF sensor will be needed to run it. (understand some extra tuning will be required using an AFC, especially if the MAF is not used.)

#3 ·
To make it work you need to:

Get the adapter pate

Remove the linkage, grind off the factory weld, rotate 90* and re-weld

Grind out a slit for the IAC and EVAP inlets

Epoxy in the front of the EVAP inlet so it is sealed in vacuum

Rotate the EVAP tube so it doesnt hit the SC

Grind down the lip before the throttle plate (not necessary, but ZZP does, and its wise to get the max possible performance)

Remove lower coolant lines

Get TPS and MAF adapters, LS6 MAF sensor, and Mini-AFC (2.0 is best)

Somehow relocate the PCV inlet, Breather is the easiest way, but i myself chose to drill the valve cover, add a rubber grommet and plastic elbow, and a rubber hose to a small hidden foam filter, very clean look.

Piece together solutions for connecting your air intake, MAF and TB, i was able to use the same thrasher airbox with no extra connectors, or rubber bellows fittings, and only had to slightly open the hole in the airbox for the intake tube.

Thats all i can think of right now, i did the same thing your attempting, put the entire kit together myself, so if you have any questions email me, i'd be glad to help any way i can ;)

Mat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.