3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have:

3" DP ($45 including install)

Magnaflow/Carsound 2.5" high flow cat ($75 including install)

3" (single) inlet ->-> dual 2.5" outlet Magnaflow Wide Open muffler ($85 including install)

Thrasher Performance CA box with TB adapter ($10)

K&N RE-0810 filter ($45)

Superstat 180* t-stat ($8)

removed MAF screen (free)

TPS mod (free)

NGK TR55 plugs gapped at .057" ($11)

Belden Max wires ($38)

Will the Intense 1.9 rockers and Intense standard PCM get me up to the 240 hp and 280 lb ft, or will I need to port my manis (I intend to do this, just want to know if it is required for the 240/280).

I figure I'm probably looking at 220 hp and 245 lb ft right now, but I'm mainly wondering what it's gonna take to get up even with the #'s from the SII L67.

BTW, who sells the cheapest ($$) light-weight WP pulley, alternator pulley, and what do you guys think of the S&S headers?
Thanks in advance,
Martin

·
Registered
25 Posts
for 240 whp, i would say that you're definitely looking at changing your duration and not just your lift...

...either that or dynoing at night in death valley... lol -5000 DA

·
Registered
127 Posts
Your talking rockers. headers, intake pulleys, and stage 1 pcm... if your lucky thats about 180 whp tops. Now are you wanting the power from the crank or at the wheels? I suggest a cam to get to your goal a little easier if your talking Crank. At the wheels you better just buy a stroker to get the power you need.

Torque whp, you definitely won't get that kind of torque NA. I am a boosted L36 and barely get 262 ft/lbs at the wheels. ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
good point 280 whp is alot to ask from an L36.. I'm hoping that you are looking for 280 crank hp.. our probably going to be definately looking at an upgraded cam to go with the new rockers and of corse the pcm headers, etc.

·
Registered
238 Posts
bonneville2000 said:
good point 280 whp is alot to ask from an L36.. I'm hoping that you are looking for 280 crank hp.. our probably going to be definately looking at an upgraded cam to go with the new rockers and of corse the pcm headers, etc.
yea its definitely going to take a cam to get to 280 at the crank, along with headers, Cai, Pcm,Exhaust, and possibly new heads

I have an l36 with TOG headers, Borla exhaust, Thrasher Cold air induction, and i dynoed at 175whp, 245wtq, i have since added a DHP so i would guess im somewhere around 180-185whp now, and to have 280 crank horsepower you need about 219-225whp

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry -I should have specified that I meant crank rated. I was thinking it and reminded myself twice while I was typing that I would put that in there somewhere -guess dementia is setting a little sooner than I really would like. :eek:

·
Banned
203 Posts
I hit 200 hp at the wheels in my NA L36. That's roughly 242 at the crank.

GT 1 Cam, pcm, TB, intake, exhaust are the main things I have done to it.

Now, if you're talking getting 240 WHP. That'll be tough to do NA.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Also, I definitely suggest you a custom tune or get an afc to get the most out of the car. I was able to pull an easy .4 just for tuning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
the HIGHEST numbers i've seen on an L36 are 260 at the wheels, but that is a moderately modified RWD car (heads, cam, tuning, built trans).

i know a lot of people come in with aspirations of 250, thinking that it isn't much to ask, but after a while you realize that 220 wheel will just about get you 13s.

·
Registered
91 Posts
To get what your looking for I would start with a cam and you can raise your comp.ratio a few points with athinner head gasket ,Pems if done right can be a good move or s&s but i would stay away from togs for a GT you will definatly lose hp the primaries are just to big for a non boosted application.GM managed to get 297 hp out of a prototype N/a 3.8 so anything is possible you just need the right combination.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think that having 280lb-ft and JUST 240hp is not very likely on our motors N/A...hp starts to pass torque really quick when you start messing with N/A cars. Perhaps 280hp and 240lb-ft are more likely?

·
Banned
203 Posts
Stroker kit with a GT 2 cam. I think Vanessa is around 242 or so HP at the wheels. Closest anyone has gotten to that HP number on a 3.8 NA fwd car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Buck531 said:
Stroker kit with a GT 2 cam. I think Vanessa is around 242 or so HP at the wheels. Closest anyone has gotten to that HP number on a 3.8 NA fwd car.
This would give him his crank #s, but I don't know about his torq #s.

·
Registered
139 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts