3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3.6L VVT V6, dohc 2005 lacrosse...the two versions under the 240 hp model utilize the series III 3800...kinda nice ride...mod one up to 300 whp and BOOM super sleeper. ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
You know as soon as I decided I was going to put a little money in my car and keep it for as long as I can, Gm finaly decides to start making some decent power out of their "affordable" vehicle lines. (GTP's excluded, they've been around awhile) They finally supercharge the Monte Carlo SS and Impala SS, drop a V8 in the Bonneville replacement and plan on doing so to the GP's and possibly the Monte and Impala. Hell even the G6 and Cobalt SS look like they'll be worthy advisaries. The return of the goat is awesome if not for some boring appearance features and the new C6(my dream car,sorry fellow 3.8'ers) is undoubtedely the best vette ever. Hopefully the revised Silverado SS will be more of a competitor against the Ram SRT10 and Lightning. I am a fan of almost anything GM. They've been slacking the last few years in the performance aspect, and it's nice to see them making vehicles to compete with the asian/euro crowd. I can't stand all the Evo's and STi's driving around like they're bad ass. Factory racers are awesome but I think to take a stock car and turn it into a pavement pounder is a lot cooler. At least you have the pride of knowing that your car is somewhat unique. Even though most of us all have similar mods. We're like some underground club of car nuts dedicated to powering up our 3800s. That to me is cool. Even if I ever get my vette, there's no way that thing is going to stay stock for very long. What fun would that be? And when the new Mustang gets around here, I know I'm gonna have to deal with some tuff ass who wants some. GRR!! :mad: I hate Mustangs! Anyway sorry for the freaking essay. You just touched a nerve.

·
Registered
139 Posts
you realize a 3.6L w/ VVT V6 that peaks at 240hp @ 6k is NOT IMPRESSIVE
a vq3.5 w/ no VVT: 287-hp at 6,200 rpm and 270 lb-ft of torque at 4,800 out of a V6.
that 47 more HP at the same RPMs basically. 50 more HP smaller engine w/ no VVT. oh and wait 45 more Tq too! now is that lacrosse engine really that impressive? oh and that vq engine has been out for over 2 years now...

oh and the colbalt blows, i'm really not a fan...

nice to see they are charging and dropping in v8s again...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NismoMaxima said:
you realize a 3.6L w/ VVT V6 that peaks at 240hp @ 6k is NOT IMPRESSIVE
a vq3.5 w/ no VVT: 287-hp at 6,200 rpm and 270 lb-ft of torque at 4,800 out of a V6.
that 47 more HP at the same RPMs basically. 50 more HP smaller engine w/ no VVT. oh and wait 45 more Tq too! now is that lacrosse engine really that impressive? oh and that vq engine has been out for over 2 years now...

oh and the colbalt blows, i'm really not a fan...

nice to see they are charging and dropping in v8s again...
i was just caught up in the marketing emotions of it all. it is a sharp ride. i hope they use that Roadmaster horn in it though. ;) the new 2006 pontiac g6 will incorporate a gtp version that will use a pushrod 3.9 liter! that might be nice.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a little more info

i heard in 2006 they are making a pushrod 3.9 liter Pontiac g6 gtp with optional manual tranny yielding 240 hp @ the crank. Do i sense a not so distant competition? :p

here's the skinny: This year, a 3.5-liter V-6 sending 200 horsepower and 220 pound-feet of torque through a four-speed automatic is the sole powertrain for both the base model and the GT. While smooth at idle, the pushrod V-6 coarsens as the revs rise. For 2006, a GTP model will debut with a 240-horsepower, 3.9-liter pushrod V-6 and an optional six-speed manual. A modern, DOHC, 2.4-liter, 170-horsepower Ecotec four-cylinder also arrives next year, along with coupe and convertible body styles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I see alot of newer cars comming with big HP numbers... look at the stinking dodge magnum/300/truck.... 350Hp hemis inside... now those are big cars, but Detroit is really stepping up the HP numbers on there cars... kind of scary to think 300hp isnt really that impressive anymore.. :(

·
Registered
124 Posts
jimraelee said:
kind of scary to think 300hp isnt really that impressive anymore.. :(
werd. It used to be have a 300 hp car was god. running mid to high 13s out of the factory was fast. Now low 13 high 12s are being achieved out of the sports cars. Its progress though, and good progress at that :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
i like the fact that a 2.0l can make 400+ hp from the factory and still have a 3 year warrenty. silly little rally cars. i'd never want to own one, but from an engineering standpoint its amazing.

thats 200+ hp per L of displacement in****ingcredible.

·
Registered
63 Posts
NismoMaxima said:
i like the fact that a 2.0l can make 400+ hp from the factory and still have a 3 year warrenty. silly little rally cars. i'd never want to own one, but from an engineering standpoint its amazing.

incredable is right, afew years back jack roush got into road racing, and he managed to get 600hp out of a the same 2.3L turbo I had in my thunderbird... 150hp per cylinder.... damm amazing what deep pockets will let you do

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jimraelee said:
incredable is right, afew years back jack roush got into road racing, and he managed to get 600hp out of a the same 2.3L turbo I had in my thunderbird... 150hp per cylinder.... damm amazing what deep pockets will let you do
so true.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
NismoMaxima said:

well, bmw's new m5 is damn near race ready with an onboard tuning computer, 7 speed sequential trans, v-10, dohc, and some sort of stall bar/tc that allows you to launch at 4000 rpms 500 hp 386(est.) lb/ft tq. holy ship!

check this out http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadtests/firstdrive/103035/article.html

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here's some real 4 turbo power!

2005 Chrysler ME is one of the most advanced car Chysler ever built. Chysler took less then 1 year to complete this vehicle. ME was under secret development not with outside world but within its organisation too. If speed and performance is what you want then this car is for you and of course you should have a deep pocket.

Speed:

0-60mph : 2.9 sec
0-100 mph : 6.2 sec
quarter mile : 10.6 sec
top speed : 248 mph

Other Details:

>> Quad-turbo, 6.0-liter V-12 engine
>> 850 horsepower
>> AMG Powertrain
>> Ricardo Clutch Transmission
>> 9.0:1 compression ratio
>> Torque : 2500 - 4500 rpm
>> Curb weight : 2880 lbs
>> Carbon fiber bodywork
>> Computer controlled active rear spoiler
>> Front : 19 x 10 inch
>> Rear : 20 x 12.5 inch
>> Height : 44.9 inch
>> Width : 78.7 inch
>> Length : 178.8 inch
>> Headroom : 37.2 inch
>> Legroom : 47.2 inch
>> Tire front : 265/35ZR19
>> Tire back : 335/30ZR20

·
Registered
139 Posts
grandpricks98 said:

2005 Chrysler ME is one of the most advanced car Chysler ever built. Chysler took less then 1 year to complete this vehicle. ME was under secret development not with outside world but within its organisation too. If speed and performance is what you want then this car is for you and of course you should have a deep pocket.

Speed:

0-60mph : 2.9 sec
0-100 mph : 6.2 sec
quarter mile : 10.6 sec
top speed : 248 mph

Other Details:

>> Quad-turbo, 6.0-liter V-12 engine
>> 850 horsepower
>> AMG Powertrain
>> Ricardo Clutch Transmission
>> 9.0:1 compression ratio
>> Torque : 2500 - 4500 rpm
>> Curb weight : 2880 lbs
>> Carbon fiber bodywork
>> Computer controlled active rear spoiler
>> Front : 19 x 10 inch
>> Rear : 20 x 12.5 inch
>> Height : 44.9 inch
>> Width : 78.7 inch
>> Length : 178.8 inch
>> Headroom : 37.2 inch
>> Legroom : 47.2 inch
>> Tire front : 265/35ZR19
>> Tire back : 335/30ZR20

i would never even touch that Chysler. i mean...it's a Chysler...hunk-a-junk. hope not to offend anyone. i mean the specs are nice....

that bmw is nice though....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts